Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

View Poll Results: Should this project receive a decent user interface?
Yes, please. That would be probably the first ebook reader with wifi radio capabilities 31 72.09%
No, I think it would drain the battery too much and I wouldn't really use it. 12 27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 AM   #16
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Debug wifi

@ all who have trouble using wifi radio.
Please extract and copy the attached file on your ebook reader and execute it. It will create a text file on the internal memory called classic-debug.txt. Please upload this file. Thank you.

Last edited by review; 02-19-2011 at 06:36 AM.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #17
Sirius67
Enthusiast
Sirius67 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
I have just executed the debug file and then tried to start classic.app again, but unfortunately with the same result. After having connected to the Internet an hour clock appears, then disappears and that's it
Sirius67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 06:22 AM   #18
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

@Sirius67
thank you for your feedback. Sorry that my last post was very brief. Let me explain the purpose of that attached file in more detail.

I do not know the course why the the radio is not working on your and others devices but on mine. So I need a way to get some internal error messages. So I wrote the app which I've attached in post 16. This app doesn't fix anything but will create an error message which is stored in the file classic-debug.txt on the internal memory. Please upload this file. Otherwise there is no way for me to know what is going on.
Thank you!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #19
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hello Rewiev, first thank you for all pretty apps you've done.
I attach a file debug-classic.txt .
Looking into the file I saw that the classic.app search mplayer in system / bin folder,
I moved it there and the radio works.
Thanks so much for the work you do for us.
Sory my bad english.

classic-debug.txt
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #20
review
Addict

@nausica
thank you very much and sorry to all others. my mistake. Will update classic.app accordingly.

Last edited by review; 02-19-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #21
Sirius67
Enthusiast

Ah, sorry Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: txt classic-debug.txt (88 Bytes, 220 views)
Old 02-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #22
review
Addict

Updated first post accordingly. Should work now. Sorry was my fault.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #23
Sirius67
Enthusiast

Yes, it does, thanks Just a question: could you also upload an app for other kind of music?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #24
Henri2all
Henri2all began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Guys your great!
What do I want more, reading the best books en listening to the best music on the net.
An nice interface and volume controle and chosing from different streams would make it perfect, but I can live with this one.
I have never expected this would be possible with an e-reader.
Henri2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
review
Addict

Codecs

Mplayer might not be able to play all streams without additional codecs.

The good news however is that it is easy to get those third party codecs. They can be downloaded here:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/

Probably all-20110131.tar.bz2 is a good choice. This file is an compressed archive. I'm not sure how you extract it in windows. Probably winrar will do the job. On linux it should be pretty straight forward with most mainstream distributions.

So extract those files and copy them into this folder (if this folder is not present create it) on the internal memory:

system/mplayer/lib/codecs

If you want to add listen to your own streams and you can't figure out what the stream url is please feel free to post in this thread.
You also may have a look on sky.fm or shoutcast.com they have a good variety of stations.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
review
Addict

@sirius
see attached file for solo piano, dreamscape and classic rock from sky.fm.
Attached Files
File Type: zip solo-piano.zip (307 Bytes, 273 views)
File Type: zip dreamscape.zip (301 Bytes, 279 views)
File Type: zip classic-rock.zip (298 Bytes, 295 views)

Last edited by review; 02-19-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #27
Sirius67
Enthusiast

Wow Review, you're just great!!!! Thanx a million!

I will try them out immediately and let you know if they work.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #28
Sirius67
Enthusiast

All three work perfectly fine!! I'm thrilled
Old 02-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #29
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi review, still cannot use wifi, but to get myself ready, if you could set up BBC radio 4:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_fourfm
and bbc radio 3
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_three
I will be forever grateful (and there are no geographical restrictions)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #30
Henri2all
Henri2all began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Review, you are the greatest.
While I am writing this I am listing already two hours to the radio.
Still there is no battery loss. And now i can chose already between several stations.
Please tell us how to make our own aps files so that we don't have to trouble you any
more.
Henri2all is offline   Reply With Quote