Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #31
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Few years back I was returning from a long road trip with my wife. We noticed a highway restaurant and stopped for a dinner. It was a pretty busy time and we had to wait for our dinner quite long. The waiter on our table was not a prompt one and rather rude in nature I felt. As we were bit dissatisfied with the service, I didn't pay any tip to him.

Driving another 20 kms, I asked my wife to give a call to our kids and tell them our tentative arrival schedule. She started fiddli
...to be continued?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #32
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
...to be continued?
A bad click of mouse and a peg of Scotch can screw a good story like this!

Last post edited now...
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #33
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
A bad click of mouse and a peg of Scotch can screw a good story like this!

Last post edited now...

Cool story. Worth the wait.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #34
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

Cool story. Worth the wait.
Indeed, and one that proves that things are not always what they may seem to be.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:46 PM   #35
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Five Thursdays of potential jury duty ... five Wednesday nights of being told "the trial scheduled for tomorrow will not be moving forward." Don't know what I did to get so lucky, but hey--I'm all done. Thank you for my non-service!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #36
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Pastor invited me (and several others) to Easter Sunday lunch today. It was very nice of him to do so. Not everyone has family to share Easter with and few people now days think to invite others to share in their Easter.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #37
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
My best friend just came to see me. (We met in high school about a thousand years ago and are still friends even though we live far apart.)

She lives about 3 hours drive away. She was thinking about me and knew my birthday had just passed and dropped in to say hi and bring me a sprinkle donut. Three hours down to bring me a donut and three hours home again.

This amazing women is a full time teacher, has three girls in university and a semi retired husband. She teaches music and runs the high school play; she’s helping her elderly mom pack house to move; she also teaches music privately; she plays as an accompanist for student competitions and plays regularly for church functions. Her life is one constant blur of motion.

This is the woman who, after my twins were born, came to the house at 11pm (after working a full day) in her pyjamas and took over care of the girls so I could get some sleep. She left at 5am so she could make it to work on time.

When my mom passed in January, she dropped everything and came with one of her daughters in tow to take care of the girls, my husband, my dad and me. She drove me to appointments, grocery shopping and spent time just sitting with me.

She is the most self-less person I have every met. I don’t know what I have done to deserve such a special person in my life but I’m so thankful for her friendship.

And the donut ...was delicious.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:46 AM   #38
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I'm thankful for compassionate people who are willing to work with families at a time of loss. My mom had a 5 k insurance policy which looked to take care of most of her arrangements (but not all), but the funeral home was willing to help me in keeping the costs down so that paying mom's final expenses won't potentially become a burden to me (by being 5 k +).
Not everyone is so helpful to others and being on a limited income (even with the insurance to help) could have presented a problem at a time that is already stressful enough.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:11 AM   #39
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggleWife View Post
My best friend just came to see me. (We met in high school about a thousand years ago and are still friends even though we live far apart.)

She lives about 3 hours drive away. She was thinking about me and knew my birthday had just passed and dropped in to say hi and bring me a sprinkle donut. Three hours down to bring me a donut and three hours home again.

This amazing women is a full time teacher, has three girls in university and a semi retired husband. She teaches music and runs the high school play; she’s helping her elderly mom pack house to move; she also teaches music privately; she plays as an accompanist for student competitions and plays regularly for church functions. Her life is one constant blur of motion.

This is the woman who, after my twins were born, came to the house at 11pm (after working a full day) in her pyjamas and took over care of the girls so I could get some sleep. She left at 5am so she could make it to work on time.

When my mom passed in January, she dropped everything and came with one of her daughters in tow to take care of the girls, my husband, my dad and me. She drove me to appointments, grocery shopping and spent time just sitting with me.

She is the most self-less person I have every met. I don’t know what I have done to deserve such a special person in my life but I’m so thankful for her friendship.

And the donut ...was delicious.
You're very lucky to have had an angel as a friend for so long - I'll send you some Karma for you to pass on to her

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #40
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggleWife View Post
I hope/assume you've also told her this, and not only us
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #41
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I hope/assume you've also told her this, and not only us
Repeatedly!
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #42
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If we are lucky, we encounter angels in human form ... which inspire wonder, admiration, and heartfelt affection ... they are rare, and should be cherished ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #43
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Wow, that is an incredible friend. I know I have not been that good to any of my friends!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:51 PM   #44
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

On Saturday my glucometer vanished after my mom's memorial service. My pastor and his family helped me look for it but it was apparently gone for good. My pastors oldest son helped me get to walgreen's and get a replacement. Today I heard from the lady at the funeral home who helped me with the arrangements. Someone turned it in to them. Apparently they accidentally picked it up thinking it was part of their stuff, and realizing their error they took it to the funeral home. I am relieved to have it back. A glucometer is a lifeline to a diabetic, It tells me how high or low my blood sugar is, if I need to take insulin to lower my blood sugar, or need a snack to boost my blood sugar up.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Dang, this is one brave dude! He's an immigrant from Mali and President Macron granted him citizenship as a result of this. Additionally, he now has a job in Paris with the fire brigade.

An absolutely amazing feat of bravery to save the life of a child!

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote