Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 01:18 PM   #31
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
IMO, average users here on MR are not representative of the many low tech users who buy Kindles. Folks here lean strongly to the type of user who loves to keep learning, and those who love to tinker with their techie toys.

I spent a lot of time on the now defunct Kindle forums, and believe me, the majority of those users were not high end techie users.
Your HO matches my HO. If I remember correctly, I think at least 90% of kindle owners use them straight out of the box. Yes, they might like different features but they just mention it in hopefully the Amazon forums if at all.

MR represents the minority of kindle owners. Now trying to convince them of that is sometimes another story.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2017, 10:52 PM   #32
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K Keyboard, HDX, KBasic 4, 5, 7 & 8, Nook ST, Glo, HD+, Echos
Quote:
Woot sent me one without ads and with 3G, but I don't if that was luck of the draw or normal – I'm guessing Amazon no longer cares what which one they sell to you any more.
K3 doesn't come with ads as a rule. Never did (that was a later creation). I think you just lucked out getting the 3g as they had finished that sale just before the one where you bought your current unit. Someone probably didn't notice that they were not the same thing. FWIW, I've had both the K3 and K3 w/3G and the 3G doesn't suck up any extra power as it is only on when you download outside of a wifi reach. It is only slightly heavier (not even an ounce).

K4 is a nice compact ereader for taking around with you every day. I did that for several years as it was low cost NEW, I was less concerned about it dropping on concrete or somesuch.

Last edited by Tarana; 12-09-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #33
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
I agree with the OP that the Kindle Keyboard was an amazing Kindle. It was the only device you needed with you while traveling, it had games (we played the hell out of Monopoly and Yahtzee on roadtrips), played MP3s through speakers (great for audiobooks, way before Audible only) and offered great readability, battery life and had an awesome lighted cover.
For me, the most magic Kindle of all!
(I also agree with others though that I wouldn't want to go back to unlighted screens. I wish, however, that Amazon starts being more inclusive again in terms of brought media)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote