Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #16
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
Rebooting didn't help, so I tried the mdimport. I suspect I need to make it a SUDO command, as my ID doesn't have administrator privilege. I think I installed it correctly to the system libraries.

Last login: Wed Mar 21 18:05:25 on console
Kernel Information: Darwin 11.3.0 x86_64
\e[0;33mGNU bash, version 3.2.48(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin11)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
\e[1;30mUptime: 19:03 up 1 hr, 2 users, load averages: 0.68 0.52 0.61
\e[1;30mServer time is: Wed Mar 21 19:03:46 MDT 2012
~ > mdimport -r ~/Library/Spotlight/epub.mdimporter
2012-03-21 19:03:58.240 mdimport[1418:707] could not find path '/Users/HBrazee/Library/Spotlight/epub.mdimporter'
Usage: -o path Write the imported attributes to a file, instead of sending them to the server.
[OPTION] path
-d debugLevel Integer between 1-4
-g plugin Import files using the listed plugin, rather than the system installed plugins.
-p Print out performance information gathered during the run
-A Print out the list of all of the attributes and exit
-X Print out the schema file and exit
-L Print out the List of plugins that we are going to use and exit
-r Ask the server to reimport files for UTIs claimed by the listed plugin.
-n Don't send the imported attributes to the data store.
~ >
It sounds like you installed it in /Library/Spotlight instead (the DMG has a link to that folder) so you should run this command instead:

mdimport -r /Library/Spotlight/epub.mdimporter

Assuming that doesn't immediately give you an error, your Mac will start indexing files in the background. If you run Activity Monitor you should see "mds" and perhaps "mdworker" working hard.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #17
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
That did the job. That command did not produce any feedback in Terminal, but a few hours later I tested, and it worked. Thanks.

I haven't checked your documentation to see if this command is there. This will be very useful to me. I'll want to create an epub version of any book I have - and bookmark your sites in case I ever upgrade my computer.

Thanks again.
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great to hear!

Another feature of the spotlight plugin is that if you do a "Get Info" on an epub file in the Finder, the "More Info" section shows a couple of fields like the author and publisher.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #19
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast
Pierre-Olivier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
@Chrisridd

I've seen that, on GitHub, you've had the same issue I experienced in Yosemite 10.10.2 : Covers are not shown on a quicklook preview, though they appeared in the custom finder preview.

Do you think we can expect an update ?
Pierre-Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #20
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Olivier View Post
@Chrisridd

I've seen that, on GitHub, you've had the same issue I experienced in Yosemite 10.10.2 : Covers are not shown on a quicklook preview, though they appeared in the custom finder preview.

Do you think we can expect an update ?
The code is working the same as before; the image is being extracted, attached to the preview content, and ... not displayed.

There are a few comments in the Apple developer forums complaining about similar QuickLook issues in 10.10.2 so it may be an OS bug that we need to wait to be fixed.

However, I've got a workaround which avoids using an attachment image. I'll see if Jake (the original author, he builds the releases) thinks it is a good idea.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #21
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
it'a strange behavior because, I have a plugin for .mobi, and he displays the cover, though this one is smaller than original and has a bended corner. The epub plugin only displays a gray rectangle named cover image.

That's me who have posted the previous message (I never remember which is ma username in this forum ...
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:19 AM   #22
chrisridd
Guru

That is interesting! Is that plugin open source?

If you want a build from my github branch with my workaround, please send me a private message. I haven't heard from Jake yet.

Last edited by chrisridd; 02-18-2015 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #23
chrisridd
Guru

There is a new release today (v1.7) that includes my workaround.

Tags
epub, quicklook