Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-06-2023, 06:01 PM   #1
alanfatfish
alanfatfish began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars, Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Boyue Native App Store is disconnected

Hi, all,

I am a Likebook Mars user for a few years.

Just updated from Android 6 to V3.0.0 Android 8.1. It is great that the overall respond time is faster than before.

Unfortunately, I noticed that the Native App Store fails to connect to the server. It seems Boyue server is not online anymore.... X_X

I am looking for the screen side shortcut button app which I used before update.

Do you have any advice that I can achieve similar function?

Thanks a lot
alanfatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 01:06 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Boyue Native App Store is disconnected
Boyue is dead!
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2023, 03:28 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Though the readers still work. I never saw anything useful on the native store that wasn't more up to date elsewhere.

Some models work with Google Playstore and "sideloading" an APK works, even via download using native browser (i.e. KOReader from Git).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:07 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Some models work with Google Playstore
I don't know of any Boyue device that doesn't have access to it
Old 11-08-2023, 09:59 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I don't know of any Boyue device that doesn't have access to it
I don't either, but I don't know about all models.

Perhaps "most models, possibly all models"? Assuming they are all Android.
My Android 4.0.4 phone still connects and installs some apps. One of the last Sony & Ericsson branded models. I don't have a SIM in it now.
Advert
Old 11-08-2023, 10:20 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I don't either, but I don't know about all models.
I don't know all of them either, but the Google Play Store works even on a Likebook Air (Android 4.4.2).
Old 11-15-2023, 07:18 PM   #7
alanfatfish
alanfatfish began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars, Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for all your replies.

In Android 8.1, I can access Google Play Store. So, I could download apps from it.

What I am looking for some handy add-on to enable some virtual side buttons as shortcut function keys around the edge of the screen during full screen mode reading.

Function keys
(1) "Refresh" the screen to remove "GHOST"
(2) Back to "Home" screen
(3) Open the "Background Management" screen

I am sorry that I totally forgot what the name of the add-on is.
alanfatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 04:55 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

It's unlikely there is such an add-on. Download KOReader apk if you haven't got it. It downloads and installs using the built-in web browser.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases