Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 01-07-2022, 06:29 AM   #1
mfi
mfi began at the beginning.

Device: None
Best device to sync with calibre-web?

Hi all,

I'l looking to buy a ebook reader (kobo, tea/vivlio, or other, but preferably not kindle), and sync the books with calibre-web.

I succesfully installed Calibre, then Calibre-web server (on a Synology NAS), with a few ebooks.
Now I need a ebook reader !

I want to download books from my calibre-web server, to the ebook device, using wifi.

What are the devices that work best with this?

I read that Kindle is working fine, but I prefer open epub format.

Is it working well with kobo devices ? And Vivlio/Tea ?

Thanks for your help!
mfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:12 AM   #2
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
I'm using Poke 3 and reading books on the content-server, syncing with my phone and tablet.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
nqk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2022, 12:34 PM   #3
mfi

Thanks nqk,

So, with Onyx Boox Poke 3, you can download epubs from calibre-web (over wifi), and keep the device synced when new books are added in calibre-web?

Is the sync automatic or do you have to manually trigger it?
Is the setup easy?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2022, 05:42 AM   #4
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Option 1) It runs android, so you can do whatever you want with an app of your choice.

Option 2) You can read by using the Content Server itself (using browser). I'm using this option. It is far better than any app I know. The up sync is automatic. When you switch device, you need to hit Sync button to resume reading. All highlights and annotations are synced too.

To elaborate it further, you may wonder what it feels like using a browser, what if you go offline? what if the server is not running? The answer is: you can make use of "cache mode" available in a browser called : Fully Kiosk Browser (not sure I typed it right), available in Google Play Store.

Last edited by nqk; 01-10-2022 at 05:50 AM.
nqk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:07 AM   #5
mfi

Thanks again nqk, that is something I didn't think was possible !
Many things to learn in ebooks world :-)
Advert