Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
Dreadyman
Dreadyman doesn't litterDreadyman doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook 740/inkpad 3
inkpad 3, strange LED and not evenly illuminate smartlight?

Hi everyone;
since two days i have a brand new pocketbook inkpad 3 and very happy with it but when i try to read it with a smart light, at the bottom left (corner) a LED look like stronger than any other and the screen isn't evenly illuminate, that disturb me for a nice reading experience

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED inkpad 3 .jpg
Views:	886
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	166314

I contact service support of pocketbook they answer me its normal, because the technology of e-ink is like that... but my tolino vision is not like that and any reader i saw isnt like that.
Someone have seen the same issue? its realy normal?
If somebody can help i would be glad
Thanks
Ps: sorry for my english i'm from switzerland
Dreadyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
Dreadyman

Comparison with another e-ink device

Another picture where i compare my inkpad 7,8" with a tolino vision 4hd 6", maybe my inkpad have an issue with one led or im too sensitive at this detail ?... but when i read i see only that ( )

Name:	inkpad 3 compare e-ink light (3).jpg
Views:	772
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	166316
Advert
Old 09-16-2018, 03:56 AM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Hi

I have the same problem, I believe that all the INKPAD 3 is leaking light down in the corner of screen.

*It's not an error but a property.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-16-2018 at 04:32 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:38 AM   #4
Dreadyman

Hi;

Thank you for helping me understand this strange situation i have with this device, i love it but too im a little bit confuse for that (property) of the leacking light but i will like continue investigation and so i will return this one for another ereader like kobo, tolino or ask pocketbook for change this one and see if all the inkpad 3 is like that.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #5
Dreadyman

Can i ask if someone can take a picture of his inkpad 3 in dark with light and smartlight on? please, for compare if all devices inkpad 3 are the same way.
Thanks
Advert
Old 10-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #6
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi !

Quote:
Can i ask if someone can take a picture of his inkpad 3 in dark with light and smartlight on? please, for compare if all devices inkpad 3 are the same way.
Thanks
Of course ! Sorry to put temp, here is the picture of Inkpad3 with white light, red is not so bright in my case, against white is the disaster :
*In real life it's worse than the picture : o

Spoiler:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Photo pour Dreadyman.png
Views:	2126
Size:	596.4 KB
ID:	166668  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 10-02-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:28 AM   #7
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
I can confirm this "light problem". My Inkpad3 looked just like Michal Jancik's - and yes, in real life it's worse. Besides that, it's a really good device. But it disturbed me so much from reading, that I returned the device.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:15 AM   #8
Dreadyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Of course ! Sorry to put temp, here is the picture of Inkpad3 with white light, red is not so bright in my case, against white is the disaster :
*In real life it's worse than the picture : o

Spoiler:

Hi,
Thanks that exactly the same problem, after many contact, emails, phone calls.... the store has decided send me a new one and the light is totally normal now.

Name:	comp- inkpad 3.jpg
Views:	1044
Size:	812.9 KB
ID:	166713
Old 10-04-2018, 07:32 AM   #9
Dreadyman

That's interesting i think Pocketbook have some series with issues with the frontlight/smartlight unregular lighting with (white spot light) and sadly i think pocketbook is aware about this issue and that is a shame.... if that true.

they said that its normal due to the e-ink technology, but that not true if all other e-ink devices in other brands dont have this issue.

Name:	Capture pocketbook warranty.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	166714

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/warranty
Old 10-04-2018, 07:40 AM   #10
Dreadyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
I can confirm this "light problem". My Inkpad3 looked just like Michal Jancik's - and yes, in real life it's worse. Besides that, it's a really good device. But it disturbed me so much from reading, that I returned the device.
Hi,

I hope for you the next one is good, yes its a good devices i love it that disturb me is the politic of pocketbook, they dont take this issue seriously considering the price of this device.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:07 AM   #11
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadyman View Post
Hi,

I hope for you the next one is good, yes its a good devices i love it that disturb me is the politic of pocketbook, they dont take this issue seriously considering the price of this device.

We must not let him come out :-)

http://cod-box.net/attention-lisez-a...book-inkpad-3/
Old 10-04-2018, 10:09 AM   #12
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks that exactly the same problem, after many contact, emails, phone calls.... the store has decided send me a new one and the light is totally normal now.

Attachment 166713
Au ! how did you do that ?! what model exactly ?
*La différence est énorme, rien a voir, tu as bien fait pas baiser les bras .

On the new reader (inkpad3) that you have received, the leak has disappeared totally, or it's just acceptable?
* La fuite de la lumiere dans les coins a totalement disparu ou c'est moins voyant/visible ?

My model (15/05/2018):
Spoiler:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mon modele.png
Views:	2612
Size:	681.5 KB
ID:	166716  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 10-05-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-04-2018, 10:11 AM   #13
Dreadyman

Quote:
Nice review

i read few times that the firmware Tea have issues (mine isn't Tea) i never have any issue with css but now i have a probleme with somes big epub of 10/12 Mo size, the inkpad 3 don't want open it, i contact the support of pocket book they ask me a picture of my facture and now they want i send her the book i cannt open because they want test it... O.M.G but the probleme with leaking light is (i think) the most common probleme, also i think pocketbook need to make a good updated firmware soon as possible and Pocketbook support have to be more careful with the consumers and all this problems.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #14
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Nice review

i read few times that the firmware Tea have issues (mine isn't Tea) i never have any issue with css but now i have a probleme with somes big epub of 10/12 Mo size, the inkpad 3 don't want open it, i contact the support of pocket book they ask me a picture of my facture and now they want i send her the book i cannt open because they want test it... O.M.G but the probleme with leaking light is (i think) the most common probleme, also i think pocketbook need to make a good updated firmware soon as possible and Pocketbook support have to be more careful with the consumers and all this problems.
TiP ~ KOREADER (I prefer koreader instead the elector of origin)
*easy to install, you copy it's all to Inkpad.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases
*in addition KOREADER has reading statistics like KOBO ;-)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 10-04-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:43 PM   #15
Dreadyman

Quote:
Au ! how did you do that ?! what model exactly ?
*La différence est énorme, rien a voir, tu as bien fait pas baiser les bras .

On the new reader (inkpad3) that you have received, the leak has disappeared totally, or it's just acceptable?
* La fuite de la lumiere dans les coins a totalement disparu ou c'est moins voyant/visible ?

My model (15/05/2018):
My device is a pocketbook inkpad 3 brwon, i've buy it in switzerland (where i'm living) here its dificult because the store is in allemanique part (speak deutsch) and me in romand part (speak french) dificult for talk
i've buy it (the 1st defect device) the 09 september 2018 after I send many pictures.. calls.. mails to the site i buy it and the pocketbook support, the store decide to change my device for a new one, i receive it (the 2nd, the good one) the 28 september 2018, the pocketbook support and the store are really harsh for change a defective device, it happen 3 weeks for resolve my probleme now the new one is perfect in term of light... frontlight/smartlight are very good (evenly) all across the screen and with all settings possible.

Now my probleme is for the big epub size like (L'épée de vérité l'integrale de Terry Goodkind) ~12Mo my the inkpad 3 freeze when i open it and i have to hard reset and remove the book for my e-reader but my wife has reading it with tolno vision hd 4 without probleme, just slower than normal when you open the book due to the size of the epub but even for turn page is normal and even quite fast... pocketbook ask me to send this e-book for test on her own device i feel like they dont trust me and i dont like send my book like that.

i split the epub with calibre for reduct the weight of it and finish with a size of 10Mo and now inkpad 3 open it quite fast...... maybe a limit of ~10Mo maximum for the epub...? i dont know right now

Sorry it's very long but this is my history with Pocketbook, one month of love and terror

Last edited by Dreadyman; 10-06-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Tags
inkpad 3, issue, light, pocketbook, smartlight