Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #346
Georgi
Nameless Being

Unfortunately it didn't work for me either. I deleted the update.bin.tmp.partial file and uploaded update_kindle_oasis_9th_factory_5.9.0.6.bin file. The Update Your Kindle option was greyed out in the menu. The update file got deleted automatically as well.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:47 AM   #347
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgi View Post
Unfortunately it didn't work for me either. I deleted the update.bin.tmp.partial file and uploaded update_kindle_oasis_9th_factory_5.9.0.6.bin file. The Update Your Kindle option was greyed out in the menu. The update file got deleted automatically as well.
There is no reason to ever delete update.bin.tmp.partial directory unless you want an automatic update from Amazon.

If update_kindle_oasis_9th_factory_5.9.0.6.bin got deleted then you can not jailbreak at this time.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #348
dinlaca
dinlaca began at the beginning.

Device: none
Has anyone ever explored creating a Franken-update.bin file? Specifically, take the bootloader from 5.9.2.0.1 update.bin (the initial firmware installed on my device - I assume the bootloader is the imz7d_zelda folder; any other files/folders need be included for bootloader?), the rest of the update package from 5.9.0.6, combine them into a Franken-update.bin using kindletool, and try flashing that using UYK?

Once that is flashed, it seems like it would be straightforward to run the jailbreak exploit, and then update to 5.9.2.0.1 using regular update package.

Of course, this approach assumes that the Franken-update.bin would not brick your KOA2 (that's why I'm posting this, as I want to learn of others' successes/failures before I venture down this road).

Thanks in advance for any insight.
dinlaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:04 AM   #349
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Those are signed packages.
Where are you going to get Amazon's private key (the one that matches Amazon's public key, already on the Kindle) to sign the package with?

Our packages are also signed, only with our private key.
Putting our public key in the Kindle's key store is what we call a "jailbreak" here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #350
nobodix
nobodix began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Hello, I've just received my KOA2 (3G) with firmware version 5.9.2.0.1
It didn't came from amazon.de but from amazon.fr
Has it been tried with those coming from amazon.fr ? Does it make sense to try ?
If there is, even a remotely, tiny chance for it to work; can I have the password ?

Thanks you !

Last edited by nobodix; 10-02-2018 at 12:47 PM.
nobodix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:33 PM   #351
nobodix
nobodix began at the beginning.

It didn't work...
I've tried multiples things (reset, try other locale, airplane mode on/off, registered or not, try stuff from the command line, ... ) always the same result : the bin file is being removed by the Kindle .
The only interesting trie was when i copied the bin file then I long press the power button then a "failed update " screen appeared (i was in deutch for that try, so I didn't get the exact error ^^ ).

Thanks anyway,
Hope you'll find a way ;-)

And if I can help, i would be happy to! ( I'm a senior développer, working on linux for about 10 years).

Xavier.
nobodix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:42 AM   #352
godkiller77
godkiller77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please send me the password to the files of koa2 jailbreak,thanks

sorry for can't find way to pm,Please send me the password to the files of koa2 jailbreak,thanks. email:godkiller77@hotmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Updated: 03/10/2018

Directions as a web page:
http://knetconnect.com/koa2/KOA2_Jailbreak.xhtml

Directions as a PDF file:
http://knetconnect.com/koa2/KOA2_Jailbreak.pdf
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kn..._Jailbreak.pdf

Source repository (only the textile format drops the toc and the section numbers):
https://github.com/knc1/KOA2_Jailbreak

The "master" of all format versions is the *.lyx (LyX document processor).
All other formats are either exports from LyX or *.tex -> pandoc conversions (yes, I could output ms word).

Notes:
  • KOA2 devices have started to ship with firmwares more recent than the two versions listed at the top of the directions. We can not jail break those (yet).
  • People still need to PM me for the password to the files.
    But please read the complete directions first.
  • The problem I had with my unregistered KOA2 was not the fault of the Kindle.
    There was a strange problem with my PC.
See, it works, even if unregistered:
godkiller77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #353
asokathano
asokathano began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
JB for KOA2

Hi !
knc1 can't receive PM, so I ask here fo password to necessary files.
My email tbarwinski1@o2.pl
asokathano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:20 AM   #354
arutty
arutty began at the beginning.

Hi !
Can I ask for the password to necessary files.
I can't receive PM, Send the password to arutty@163.com
thank you so much
arutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:41 AM   #355
asokathano
asokathano began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Don't count for any answer.
All this file is available on net, incl. "update_kindle_oasis_9th_factory_5.9.0.6.bin" file
Reg.
asokathano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:47 AM   #356
linxu
linxu began at the beginning.

Device: KV, KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by linxu View Post
Hi @knc1

Can you share with me the jailbreak PM for KOA2?

I am watching this thread closely and I have a KOA2 that I want to jailbreak to install KOReader for PDFs

Serial Number: G000 SA12... (KOA2 32G WiFi)
Firmware: Kindle 5.9.0.6 (3234010012)

I put the partial update file in the root directory to block the update. Thanks

BTW, Just curious, I wonder why you don't make the jailbreak public?
I think my PM finally works, can someone know the JB package password PM me? Thanks.
linxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:20 AM   #357
linxu

Hello knc1,

Could you please PM me the password for the KOA2 JB package. I think my PM finally works. Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2018, 02:35 AM   #358
linxu

Hi asokathano,

Could you be more specific on "All this file is available on net"? I cannot find the device jail break file. Thanks
Old 10-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #359
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Spoiler alert: it's the *factory* jailbreak as found in my snapshots, the JB Hotfix, and a factory image, which @coplate linked to a few times.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:24 AM   #360
linxu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Spoiler alert: it's the *factory* jailbreak as found in my snapshots, the JB Hotfix, and a factory image, which @coplate linked to a few times.
Thanks!

Tags
jailbreak, koa2