Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2018, 12:48 AM   #436
bubulac
bubulac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello everybody,
I've spent almost one week trying to figure how to convert a dictionary to a form accepted by Kobo, and either I can't make pyglossary to open, or cannot quite figure how to use Penelope... in short I gave up (I am no programmer or expert in using scripts and the likes).
So my last hope is that somebody could help me convert this Romanian dictionary into files that I can use in my Kobo:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1rg56w92a9zoi/dex2xml
or, at least, offer or point me to up-to-date advice on how to convert it (what programs to use, how to install them, how to use, in a "for dummies" collection type of language) :-)
Thank you in advance,
bubulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:25 AM   #437
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
bubulac,
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-ro.zip (18.20 MB, 544 views)
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #438
bubulac
bubulac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
bubulac,
Thank you so much Semwize, for both the file and for the amazingly prompt reply! Thank you for taking the time to help me (and others like me).
bubulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:19 PM   #439
DiegoArmando
DiegoArmando began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Hi. I'm looking for a chinese-chinese traditional and chinese-english tradional dictionary.

please

Thank you
DiegoArmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #440
DiegoArmando
DiegoArmando began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
If you install Koreader, you will then be able to install Stardict dictionaries. I have about 7 Chinese dictionaries which I use with Koreader on my KA1.

I'm sure there are probably some English-Chinese Stardict dictionaries out there. I chiefly use Chinese-Chinese or Chinese-English ones.
Hi "Question Mark" how the Chinese dictionaries works in Koreader? can you look long characters word? traditional Chinese too? where did you find the dictionaries.
Thank you!
I try read in Chinese with the KA1 but was imposible. Maybe with Koreader install is better.

PS: What version of Koreader do you have on the KA1?

Cheers!
DiegoArmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #441
phlame64
phlame64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
After many tries I converted "WordNet 3 Infused IT English to Italian"
from mobi to kobo format.
I thought it'd be great to share it.
Amazing work, thank you so much!
phlame64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:08 AM   #442
leepsc
leepsc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One 8G
Could someone help me convert the stardict file to the kobo format? Thanks a lot!
Dictionary source: http://download.huzheng.org/zh_TW/stardict-langdao-ec-big5-2.4.2.tar.bz2

Last edited by leepsc; 08-14-2018 at 05:26 AM.
leepsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #443
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlame64 View Post
Amazing work, thank you so much!
You would be glad to try this

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=426

Share and spread
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:38 PM   #444
leepsc

Could you help me convert this babylon dict. to kobo zip file?
I tried to convert it but error again and again...
(I used the Pyglossary to convert to the stardict file, but the version is 3.0.0 and when I used the penelope to create the zip, and put into the kobo, I cannot see the dict. ><)
http://www.babylon-software.com/free...8T%29/911.html
Old 08-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #445
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by leepsc View Post
Could you help me convert this babylon dict. to kobo zip file?
I tried to convert it but error again and again...
(I used the Pyglossary to convert to the stardict file, but the version is 3.0.0 and when I used the penelope to create the zip, and put into the kobo, I cannot see the dict. ><)
http://www.babylon-software.com/free...8T%29/911.html
dicthtml-en-cn.zip

check
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:36 AM   #446
leepsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
It works!!
Thank you so much!!!
Old 09-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #447
tayfungu
tayfungu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 2
Dear friends,

Sorry for giving discomfort but after spending weeks on forms, I dediced to ask your help. Because I saw here that you helped many people converting dictionaries.
My problem is about finding russian-turkish detailed dictionary.
In whole internet world there is no dictionary to meet people's need.
lsd format does not supported by kobo. It is from Abbyy Lingvo program.
I did everything to understand procedures but it is beyond my understanding and capacity.

I have alredy files in .lsd format uploaded.
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/...NBYpMsKRK7dqhA
Can you help me coverting this dictionary?

Honestly I bought e-reader for this purpose but could not use effectively.
Waiting for your positive answers
tayfungu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:41 AM   #448
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

stardict convesion

Hi, please, could anyone convert this kobo dictionary to stardict format?
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml.zip (17.96 MB, 372 views)
Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 AM   #449
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Conversion BGL > txt

Hi, sad to say pyglossary doesn't convert this chinese dictionary to txt...
I've downloaded it from babylon.

https://www.babylon-software.com/fre...%B8/40545.html

Can anyone help me?
Old 10-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #450
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Hi, sad to say pyglossary doesn't convert this chinese dictionary to txt...
I've downloaded it from babylon.

https://www.babylon-software.com/fre...%B8/40545.html

Can anyone help me?
To pass from bgl to a txt file, I use sometimes the program stardict-editor (you can download it from: https://code.google.com/archive/p/st...ject/downloads.
You can create in the tab compile (from a file with extension .bgl), a file with extension .babylon that it is a txt file you can easily edit.

Edit: I have tried with the file you linked and it breaks the program.

Last edited by JIPG-reader; 10-02-2018 at 02:47 PM.
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries