Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 04:21 AM   #1
paultoon
Nameless Being

Kobo Touch wifi connection problems

Hi folks. I picked up a used Kobo Touch, mainly to read Pocket articles. Successfully set it up with desktop PC, connected to wifi and synced my Pocket articles. Device has updated to 4.8.11073.

The problem is that the device keeps disconnecting and forgetting the wifi connection. Each time I go back to the home page the wifi symbol button is grayed out and when I try to reconnect the device has forgotten my wifi connection and I have to manually enter the wifi password. Every single time.

I've tried manually adding the wifi connection in settings, but each time I go back in it says "Your Kobo ereader has no known networks".

I am able to manually re-connect, again entering the password, but it's then immediately forgotten.

I've also tried a soft reset and a factory reset, no change. Grateful for any advice!
Old 09-08-2018, 06:54 AM   #2
paultoon
Nameless Being

For anyone having similar problems with the Touch, I found that connecting via Settings rather than clicking the Wi-Fi button does allow you to connect without forgetting the password, although it soon disconnects again. But I've found that page turns are incredibly unresponsive - 6 to 8 seconds - making the device unusable. Perhaps a firmware update might appear for the Touch, but if not mine is heading for the bin!
Old 09-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #3
Vandelante
Vandelante began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Angry SAME PROBLEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultoon View Post
The problem is that the device keeps disconnecting and forgetting the wifi connection. Each time I go back to the home page the wifi symbol button is grayed out and when I try to reconnect the device has forgotten my wifi connection and I have to manually enter the wifi password. Every single time.
I have the same problem but with a recently bought Aura ONE, I have noticed that it conects again without asking for the password if I click the update button.

I have searched and found out it is a common but unsolved problem
Vandelante is offline   Reply With Quote