Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
ryadus
ryadus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Release Date or Model

Hi,

I want to purchase a Kindle Paperwhite and I noticed that it's not easy to tell which model is sold, what is its release date ...

I asked one of the seller (from newegg) about more details and he told me that it was a 2nd generation released in 2014, so obviously not the last one, and it explain why the price was cheaper than the one in Amazon.

Could you please help me find out how to know the release date and generation of the Kindle sold online?

Also if by any chance you know where I can buy a new one cheaper that on Amazon feel free to tell me

Thanks in advance for your help.
ryadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Get the device serial number from the seller (at least the first 4 characters). Then use this page to get model and release date information.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Last edited by j.p.s; 07-05-2018 at 12:15 PM.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:12 AM   #3
shiningcat
shiningcat began at the beginning.

They have their own UPC.

Perhaps there's one on eBay.
shiningcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #4
ryadus
ryadus began at the beginning.

Hi there,
Can someone please advise what model and release date is this Kindle?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-...?skuId=9439005

They say it's the latest.
Could you please confirm.
Thanks
ryadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadus View Post
Hi there,
Can someone please advise what model and release date is this Kindle?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-...?skuId=9439005

They say it's the latest.
Could you please confirm.
Thanks
I can't confirm the firmware release, but any 300 ppi Kindle Paperwhite will be the 3rd (newest) Generation. The 1st and 2nd generation Paperwhites had 212 ppi resolution.

Last edited by rcentros; 07-09-2018 at 04:32 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote