Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Pselus
Pselus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Remove all images and Covers?

I got a ton of free eBooks for my birthday and they all came with built in covers (from Munseys) that I would like to bulk remove.
If I go through each book and download Meta Data then Download a Cover (or Generate a Cover) THEN convert it (from ePub to ePub) and add the CSS to remove images and check "Remove First Image"...THEN I can get rid of them.
That's the only way I have found to do this so far and I have to do that individually for each book. Anyone else have any suggestions on how to do that in bulk?
Pselus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
"Remove First Image" used to work in 6.4x I believe and hasn't worked (for me at least) since 7.03
I used to remove covers from all my short stories as I don't like any of the default covers
I bulk converted everything them all with 7.14 to change to my preferred formatting and then all the msword, overdrive, calibre covers were back
I checked older backups and the covers were gone and the story just opened on the first page which is what I like.
I am sure that it will be fixed one of these days as it seemed to work intermittantly in different versions prior to 7.03
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you have a book for which remove first image is not working open a ticket and attach the file. There have been no changes that should affect this functionality in a very long time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Ticket entered
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:47 AM   #5
Angelo Mascaro
Angelo Mascaro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Questions about «Remove first image»

Where can I find «Remove first image»?
This remove the image embedded inside the book, but does not remove the cover from the file system? Does it? I mean the covers in the folder "Biblioteca di calibre\Author folder\Title folder" with name cover.jpg.

thank you very much
Angelo
Angelo Mascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert