Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 AM   #1
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Unable Convert Gutenberg TXT to Mobi

I'm trying something which I believe should be very simple (and which I've managed before) -- converting a Gutenberg text title to mobi. However, I now get the following error message. What am I doing wrong?

Table books has no column named uri RemoteTraceback (most recent call last): File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119, in run OperationalError: table books has no column named uri
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\add.pyo", line 62, in metadata_delivered
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1214, in add_books
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 146, in run
DatabaseException: table books has no column named uri
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119, in run
OperationalError: table books has no column named uri
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You have not by any chance tried the 0.6 betas and then reverted to a 0.5.x release? That error occurs if you have tried that as the 0.6 release changes the format of the metadata.db file. To eliminate the error you need to go back to using the 0.6 releases, or restoring a backup of the metadata.db file from before you tried the 0.6 release.

Of course I could be wrong about why you are seeing that error and it could be something else entirely?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You have not by any chance tried the 0.6 betas and then reverted to a 0.5.x release? That error occurs if you have tried that as the 0.6 release changes the format of the metadata.db file. To eliminate the error you need to go back to using the 0.6 releases, or restoring a backup of the metadata.db file from before you tried the 0.6 release.

Of course I could be wrong about why you are seeing that error and it could be something else entirely?
I don't THINK that's my problem. I have in fact as an experiment downloaded the latest 0.6 release, but on another computer (which I haven't yet used for this purpose). All my efforts in converting this txt title to Mobi have been with my original 0.5 installation on a separate computer. Thanks, though, for your thoughtful suggestion.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
I don't THINK that's my problem. I have in fact as an experiment downloaded the latest 0.6 release, but on another computer (which I haven't yet used for this purpose). All my efforts in converting this txt title to Mobi have been with my original 0.5 installation on a separate computer. Thanks, though, for your thoughtful suggestion.
FURTHER ON THIS MATTER: I have now tried this conversion on my computer with the 0.6 beta version -- and it works! Go figure. Thanks for the perception that that might be a key to my problem.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post

Fair enough. It just seemed a bit strange that the error message was complaining about a column being missing that is present in the metadata.db used by the 0.5.14 releases, but is removed if you run the 0.6 beta against that same metadata.db.

If the problem is not caused by using the 0.6 beta releases then it sounds like you have a corrupt metadata.db file which is a much more serious issue!
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert