Notices

Old 04-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Bookeen CyBooks for sale in the UK

Hello,

I happen to have a few Bookeen CyBooks for sale. Whilst my friend is selling a couple on eBay, I am also selling a few off eBay (due to recent increases in eBay fees). I am very happy to give you a personal demonstration of an e-ink display in the London area, if you have never seen one in person.

http://www.mrdini.com/bookeen_cybook.php

Alternatively, if you want to go down the eBay route...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170207759723

Keep in mind that the CyBook is backordered until May, so if you want one, this is your chance!

Many thanks for looking!

(Notice to mods: I've cleared this private/semi-commercial post with Alexander Turcic...)

Last edited by mrdini; 04-04-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Forgot eBay link!
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
How much are you selling them for? I have a friend who may be interested - provided you're not a "scalper" who's selling them at above retail price, of course.

EDIT: Never mind; just looked at the link. I see that you ARE a scalper .

Futher EDIT: Ignore the above - I misread the page. The prices are perfectly reasonable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
mrdini
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How much are you selling them for? I have a friend who may be interested - provided you're not a "scalper" who's selling them at above retail price, of course.

EDIT: Never mind; just looked at the link. I see that you ARE a scalper .
Whoa, wait, what? I AM selling them at retail prices, if you compare against Bookeen's price, and this is pretty much the best I can do, without losing money *sighs*.

Keep in mind that delivery's included in the price. (Also, I'm bundling branded Crucial with a lifetime warranty, as opposed to Bookeen who sells unbranded memory with 1 year warranty).

If you or your friend are able to pick up in person in London, then I'm sure I could knock a few quids off the price.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My apologies - I misread the page and thought that the £280 was for the raw machine, compared with £245 from Bookeen, but with Bookeen there's about £10 for shipping, of course, and you're supplying an SD card and mains adaptor; I guess that's worth another - what? £15?. Then you have postage, so you probably are pretty much breaking even.

I'll let my friend know (he's got one on order for his wife's birthday). It would have made the deal perfect if you'd been able to supply a case too - I know he wants one of those, and that will still have to come from Bookeen.

Unfortunately both my friend and I live in the NW, so out of reach. He's seen my Gen3, though, so doesn't need to see another one.

Apologies again for jumping to the wrong conclusion about your motives. Your prices are perfectly reasonable, upon reflection.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #5
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
You're not clear on it, but if you're including the case then that's a very good price. If not, then there's another 30 quid to be added.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
mrdini
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdini View Post
Hello,

I happen to have a few Bookeen CyBooks for sale. Whilst my friend is selling a couple on eBay, I am also selling a few off eBay (due to recent increases in eBay fees). I am very happy to give you a personal demonstration of an e-ink display in the London area, if you have never seen one in person.

http://www.mrdini.com/bookeen_cybook.php

Alternatively, if you want to go down the eBay route...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170207759723

Keep in mind that the CyBook is backordered until May, so if you want one, this is your chance!

Many thanks for looking!

(Notice to mods: I've cleared this private/semi-commercial post with Alexander Turcic...)
Just a quick reminder - this auction is ending soon, but I still have a few Cybooks left if anyone's still interested...
Old 05-23-2008, 04:19 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are these Gen3s still for sale?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are these Gen3s still for sale?
I don't think this guy Mrdini is going to answer your questions or anyone else's questions, for that matter. [Added: he did respond.]

Look at the original date of post. Yes, he did post about 1 1/2 months ago. He's here to profit; this is a dealer out to make money who doesn't even have the courtesy to answer questions about covers with his "deal." Now that the Gen3 has an updated version, don't expect an answer about this either. [Added: He did respond with answers.]

[ADDED: I edited out my "harsh" language.]

[Added: See his response below.]

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-27-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: He did respond; edited out "harsh" language
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
mrdini
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I don't think this guy Mrdini is going to answer your questions or anyone else's questions, for that matter.

Look at the original date of post. Yes, he did post about 1 1/2 months ago. He's here to profit; this is a dealer out to make money who doesn't even have the courtesy to answer questions about covers with his "deal." Now that the Gen3 has an updated version, don't expect an answer about this either.

Be warned, everyone. Maybe my post will cause him to answer some questions that a number of people have about these units.
Sorry, I've been busy the past week (moving places)!

*) Yes, still for sale, but only one or two left. Not getting more (I got one small batch).
*) "Covers"? I don't have any cases for those, nor selling any, if that's what you're asking...
*) No - I got this batch pre-Gen3.1 relesase.

To conclude - this was just a small personal market research experiment to see whether they'd sell in the UK. Whilst I haven't quite wrapped up everything, the early results would indicate that whilst it's definitely possible to make a business out of selling ebook readers, the margins are very, very tight, especially as a reseller. On top of that, my personal feeling is that the majority of book readers could be very much improved.

Ah well, it was an interesting experiment to see whilst it lasted.

Thanks for your interest!