Estonia 1 0.23%
Wales 1 0.23%
United States 137 31.35%
New Zealand 8 1.83%
Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2010, 02:31 AM   #121
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Um, actually, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are the United Kingdom. England, Wales and Scotland are, collectively, Great Britain. Mind you they drive on the wrong side of the road so, who knows what's what?
Hmm, I always thought Northern Ireland was also part of Great Brittain... And that United Kingdoms was the same.

Again, learned something today! I'm done for the day
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:05 AM   #122
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Um, actually, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are the United Kingdom. England, Wales and Scotland are, collectively, Great Britain. Mind you they drive on the wrong side of the road so, who knows what's what?
[pedant mode on]
England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

But if Northern Ireland left the union, it would still be "The United Kingdom of Great Britain", the united kingdoms being England and Scotland.
[off]
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #123
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
OK - so, just for fun, I put this through a slight transformation dependent on the population of the respective countries. Each line below gives the country name, followed by the number of votes it has polled (correct as of 10:10am GMT today), followed by the countries population*, followed by a ranking number derived by dividing the number of polled votes by the population and multiplying by 1,000,000. They are in descending order.

Canada 60 34290000 1.750
NZ 4 4238000 0.944
Australia 14 20960000 0.668
Germany 31 82188000 0.377
Denmark 2 5516000 0.363
Croatia 1 4483000 0.223
Belgium 2 10422000 0.192
Finland 1 5256000 0.190
Portugal 2 10733000 0.186
England 9 52000000 0.173
US 51 309922000 0.165
Netherlands 2 16794000 0.119
France 6 64908000 0.092
Spain 2 40540000 0.049
Romania 1 22168000 0.045
Italy 2 59023000 0.034
India 1 1191557000 0.001

* Populations derived from this site: http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/information/population/ with the exception of the England population which I estimated from this site: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1352 (all rounded to the nearest thousand).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #124
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
So, if I could vote in the poll Bulgaria would be ranking...
1 /7134317*1000000 = 0,140, which is between US and Netherlands
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #125
eriksnoopy
Connoisseur
eriksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony PRS-950 (broken screen) kobo aura hd
since Turkey has a big 0 here you mind adding Estonia, or add it instead some other country that has 0 on the poll thanks
eriksnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #126
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksnoopy View Post
since Turkey has a big 0 here you mind adding Estonia, or add it instead some other country that has 0 on the poll thanks
hey! Wait your turn, I was first!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #127
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
For this polls sake, please post where you currently live now.
I'm glad you clarified that. I was seriously conflicted about which of the two winners to boost- place of origin, or residence. Now I know- Canada gets one more vote.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #128
LCF
Wizard

Quote:

Me not from where me lives now. Me confused... Me needs (dark) Chocolate!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #129
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Does dark choc help resolve existential conflict? Or maybe residential one? Bring it on. On second thought, even if it doesn't, bring it on anyway.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #130
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
Does dark choc help resolve existential conflict? Or maybe residential one? Bring it on. On second thought, even if it doesn't, bring it on anyway.
Bring on the dark chocolate! It doesn't really solve anything... but I don't mind!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #131
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Okay, I see Romania and Bulgaria are right next to each other, so I'll ask the mods to add Bulgaria........all right?
"
So....it will read "Romania/Bulgaria"
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #132
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:

I thought it would be fun to see where are members are posting from.

Ok. I'm going to try and help DG out. I'm sure that she'll appreciate that.

As the two red areas above indicate She wants to know where you live now. Not where you were born, but where do you call home.

This problem has been solved by greater people than I. But to drive it home, I have a little 34 second movie clip that will stay in your mind.

Spoiler:

WARNING: LANGUAGE & FOOLISNESS

SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #133
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksnoopy View Post
Have asked mods to replace Turkey with Estonia

Quote:
hey! Wait your turn, I was first!
Have asked mods to combine Romania and Bulgaria

Quote:
I need a drink.

[QUOTE=SameOldStory;1242203]Ok. I'm going to try and help DG out. I'm sure that she'll appreciate that.

As the two red areas above indicate She wants to know where you live now. Not where you were born, but where do you call home.

This problem has been solved by greater people than I. But to drive it home, I have a little 34 second movie clip that will stay in your mind.

I have a stick that will definitely stay in your memory!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #134
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

(wonders if may offering dark chocolate will settle things down.....and keep them off my back......)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dark chocolate.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	62047  
Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #135
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Some people just don't want help.

DG, underneath your nice pleasant persona is a mean dictator!

Not only do you manipulate votes, but you try to combine countries like Turkey & Estonia! Will be Austria & Slovakia be next? Are you related to Napoleon?

What did I do?

Moderators! Moderators! DG is gonna hit me! HELP!

Ummm. Is it too late to ask for some chocolate?
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote