Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #496
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard.ryefield View Post
I run Kobo Utilities Database integrity check out of curiosity and this message showed up:
"Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:
rowid 412 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1"
That means there is a corruption in the database. But, you can recover from that one. You need to rebuild the index. If you get an SQLite management tool, reindex. Some of the tools have an options to do it. Otherwise, you need to run the statement:
Code:
REINDEX sqlite_autoindex_Activity_1
You can do this with SQLiteSpy, SQLite Database Browser or any of the others.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #497
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
thanks it worked
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #498
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Davidfor: Interesting; not sure when it happened but with f/w 3.3 on my Glo I've encountered some big database corruption. First clue was that many of my shelves showed up as empty on the device.

Upgraded calibre to the newest version and attached the Glo to it. Kobo Utilities are set to do an automatic backup of the DB, and that failed with the following issues:
Spoiler:
Code:
Backing up Kobo device database
Python function terminated unexpectedly

*** in database main ***
Main freelist: 1 of 51 pages missing from overflow list starting at 3097
Page 9378 is never used
rowid 197 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 198 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 202 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 207 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 208 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 209 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 210 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 211 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 212 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 213 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 214 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 215 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 216 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 217 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 218 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 219 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 220 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 271 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 366 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 367 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 368 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 369 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 370 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 371 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 372 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 373 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 374 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 375 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 376 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 377 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
wrong # of entries in index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1
rowid 535 missing from index shelf_creationdate_index
rowid 535 missing from index shelf_name_index
rowid 535 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_Shelf_1
wrong # of entries in index shelf_creationdate_index
wrong # of entries in index shelf_name_index
wrong # of entries in index shelf_id_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_Shelf_1 (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 132, in main
  File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 139, in arbitrary_n
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 173, in do_device_database_backup
Exception: 
*** in database main ***
Main freelist: 1 of 51 pages missing from overflow list starting at 3097
Page 9378 is never used
rowid 197 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 198 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 202 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 207 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 208 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 209 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 210 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 211 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 212 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 213 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 214 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 215 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 216 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 217 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 218 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 219 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 220 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 271 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 366 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 367 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 368 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 369 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 370 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 371 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 372 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 373 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 374 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 375 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 376 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
rowid 377 missing from index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
wrong # of entries in index shelfcontent_datemodified_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_ShelfContent_1
rowid 535 missing from index shelf_creationdate_index
rowid 535 missing from index shelf_name_index
rowid 535 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_Shelf_1
wrong # of entries in index shelf_creationdate_index
wrong # of entries in index shelf_name_index
wrong # of entries in index shelf_id_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_Shelf_1

The check database integrity on the other hand showed no errors!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #499
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@Davidfor: Interesting; not sure when it happened but with f/w 3.3 on my Glo I've encountered some big database corruption. First clue was that many of my shelves showed up as empty on the device.

Upgraded calibre to the newest version and attached the Glo to it. Kobo Utilities are set to do an automatic backup of the DB, and that failed with the following issues:
<snip>

The check database integrity on the other hand showed no errors!
I've also noted database corruption with the automatic backup though the database then checks out fine on the device. I think it may have to do with the simultaneous storage of bookmarks on connect. I was going to try turning off storage of bookmarks to check the theory but haven't got round to it.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #500
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I actually didn't have the reading of bookmarks enabled at that point (due to a finger error on my part). But as I said I know I had the corruption before attaching the device; all the empty collections on the device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #501
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PeterT, BobC: I've seen that a couple of time lately to. And I think it is a timing issue. I have to look and see if I can make sure the jobs for the device run sequentially
Old 04-30-2014, 05:24 AM   #502
dcamp
dcamp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
With the new version of calibre and KOBO GLO firmware (3.3.0) the order shelves on the device don't work. Before the plugin worked fine and I have not changed anything. After Updating the shelves are no longer sorted by series. It's a bug?
dcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:08 AM   #503
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I was wondering when someone would notice that. Unfortunately, the date added sort is broken in 3.3.0. It doesn't matter whether the plugin sets the dates or if I manually add to a shelf, they date added sort doesn't do what it is supposed to do.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #504
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Can someone explain how this works Please

I am new to this and am trying to modify my homepage on my Kobo Aura HD but I cannot understand how Kobo Utilites works. I have it in the top bar of Calibre but when I open it and try to type things in nothing works eg: current reading location column, I click on the arrow and there is nothing there, can someone please explain how to modify my homepage using Kobo Utilities? As in adding tiles with certain functions etc.... I am reading this thread but just don't get it (call me thick). Thanks in advance
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #505
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I am new to this and am trying to modify my homepage on my Kobo Aura HD but I cannot understand how Kobo Utilites works. I have it in the top bar of Calibre but when I open it and try to type things in nothing works eg: current reading location column, I click on the arrow and there is nothing there,
The configuration for storing the reading status needs some custom columns to be created. Once they exist, they will be displayed in the drop-down lists. There is a description of what is needed in the help supplied with the plugin. Click the help link in the top right corner of the dialog to open this.
Quote:
can someone please explain how to modify my homepage using Kobo Utilities? As in adding tiles with certain functions etc.... I am reading this thread but just don't get it (call me thick). Thanks in advance
You can't add tiles using the plugin, you can only dismiss tiles. The tiles on the home page are maintained as you use the device. Open a book, collection or use the browser and a tile for it will be added to the home page. These will push the current tiles down the page and eventually off. Or you can long press on the tile and dismiss the tile from the home page.

The dismiss tiles function of the plugin simulates this action. It update the device database so that the tile won't show. It also can create a trigger to prevent tiles from showing again, That doesn't work perfectly due to the way the home page works.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:01 AM   #506
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Utilities Help

The help button does not do anything. Neither does the ? button.
I have a few custom columns created in Calibre one called "Genre" one called "Shelves" and one called "Read" and none of these are showing in the drop down menus.
Do I need to create a new column called "current reading location" then another one called "%read" etc.... in Calibre is this correct?

Last edited by Tan; 05-03-2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: email notice change
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #507
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
The help button does not do anything. Neither does the ? button.
The help is a HTML page. It should open in the browser. What OS are you using? In any case, you can view it here.
Quote:
I have a few custom columns created in Calibre one called "Genre" one called "Shelves" and one called "Read" and none of these are showing in the drop down menus.
Do I need to create a new column called "current reading location" then another one called "%read" etc.... in Calibre is this correct?
The names of the custom columns do not matter. The plugin finds all custom columns that have the correct type for each of use. The percent read has to be an integer, the rating has to be of type rating, the last read is a date and the position is text. The full details are in the help.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #508
omnimodis78
Enthusiast
omnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I had to restore my device, and even though bookmarks were correctly restored, with all the finished books being flagged correctly, I noticed that the reading stats is reset and doesn't match the library flags. In other words, the list of books in the library flagged as 'finished' is over 40 books, but in the reading stats it states that 0 books have been read and that 0% of my library is complete. Any way to scratch this itch? Thanks.
omnimodis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #509
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, I haven't been able to work that one out. The stats come from another table in the database. This contains some information I haven't been able to replicate. It's on my TODO list to look at again, but I don't expect to very soon.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #510
jmn
jmn doesn't litterjmn doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura
KOBO Utilities: 'Copy annotations for Selected Book' sometimes fails.

Hi David,

On my KOBO Aura I use the Kobo Utilities plugin. I use it, amongst others, to copy any annotations I made to my PC. For that I use the 'Copy annotations for Selected Book' option. From the window with annotations that appears than, the clipboard is used to put the annotations in a Word file for later use. A bit of a clumsy method, but it works.

Now, this seems to work for some books but for others not...? In the previous book I read: fine, no problem.
However, in the book I am reading now,many marks are absent in the clipboard window as they are present in the KOBO.

(I can send you any full (debug)details and details of books if you wish).

I have:
Calibre: 1.35.0
Kobo Utilities: 1.6.5
Kobo Aura software version: 3.3.0
jmn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities