Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #31
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It would require more Video RAM, but unless the RAM is shared between CPU and GPU, it shouldn't matter, the screen is the same whether you run 5 or 6, isn't it?
But not the same running it on a 3.5" screen vs a 9.7" screen. Don't know if the VRAM is shared but it wouldnt surprise me.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #32
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Bigger screen = More power consumption. VRAM is shared apparently.

I think we're going to get a new iPad in June, despite all the reports saying March. March will be the long needed iLife and iWork update and a preview of OS X 10.9.

I'm pretty sure a jailbreak tweak could add the updated dictionaries to iOS 5.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 01-14-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #33
m00min
Connoisseur
m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad / NST / Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I think we're going to get a new iPad in June, despite all the reports saying March. March will be the long needed iLife and iWork update and a preview of OS X 10.9.
I have a suspicion that Apple will permanently shift all new iOS devices up to October and November. Just in time for the Christmas rush.
m00min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #34
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
That would be very reasonable. One big product announcement per year makes it a truly grand event. 3 product annoucements in a single year, like happened in 2012, and people will no longer care so much about any single of them.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #35
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
That would be very reasonable. One big product announcement per year makes it a truly grand event. 3 product annoucements in a single year, like happened in 2012, and people will no longer care so much about any single of them.
I don't think most of us could take a three hour keynote. The last one was very nicely done, but probably the longest I've ever sat watching one.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 AM   #36
chinarut
chinarut began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1
sorry for bumping an old thread - i came here hoping to find some insight into whether anyone has been successful bringing their iPad 1 new life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I wish Apple would leave it up to the iPad 1 owner to decide whether they wish to upgrade, despite such multimedia apps not working properly, etc.
I have to agree, given folks who bought the iPad 1 were early adopters, I think they abandoned OS support a bit prematurely.

I, too, would have appreciated a minimal iOS6 release without all the nifty bells & whistles - my needs on the iPad 1 are so low, Im sure a decent subset of non-multimedia intensive iOS6 apps would have worked just fine...

but this is just me guessing and hoping squeeze out last bits of my iPad 1 like my 2007 MacBook! *grin*
chinarut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ios 6, ipad