Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
raztaztwo
raztaztwo began at the beginning.

Device: Considering Kindle
Smile Can multiple kindles share a magazine subscription?

Hey there - We are looking into buying two Kindles - but I had a question about magazine subscriptions. I am not sure if we do pay a subscription fee to Amazon if we both can get copies of the magazine on our Kindles or is it one per Kindle? I know books can be shared....but magazines and newspapers??? Thanks!
raztaztwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Hello - You can not share magazine subscriptions, only books.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
raztaztwo
raztaztwo began at the beginning.

Device: Considering Kindle
Thanks! I didn't think so but thought I would double check!!
raztaztwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
lubberts
lubberts is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader 505, soon to be Kindle user!
Thought I'd mention, for what it's worth.
My girlfriend has a subscription to the wall street journal, and we share my amazon account for kindle downloads. I was not able to find a way to have the newspaper delivered every morning conviently like it is to her kindle since she's the one who subscribed, but I was able to go to the kindle website, and then click "manage my kindle" and then under the delivery status bar to the right click something that said something like "your digital library" or something. It let me then not send wirelessly like I can with the other books we have, but instead download to my computer. Once I downloaded the file to my computer, i transferred it to my kindle, and was able to read it. I am not for sure but I imagine it would be the same with the magaizines.
hope that helps.
lubberts is offline   Reply With Quote