Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
ebat1111
ebat1111 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5.12.2
"Add books" crashing in Calibre

Hi all

When I click the Add Books button, the window opens but then immediately crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's fully up-to-date.

Here's the error code:

calibre, version 4.19.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>Exception</b>:File dialog failed (return code -805306369):

calibre 4.19 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\add.py", line 494, in add_books
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 254, in choose_files
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 208, in run_file_dialog
Exception: File dialog failed (return code -805306369):

Any help appreciated!

E
ebat1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Side question: Why 32 bit Calibre on your 64bit system?

Have you rebooted?
A security update may now be blocking access to a TEMP folder. Tou might need to provide it withe an exception for Calibre.exe (only if you run trusted/Official sourced copies)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:29 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I have to say I've been having issues of late along those lines; solved them by adding CALIBRE_NO_NATIVE_FILEDIALOGS=1 to my environment.

See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 04:44 PM   #4
SteveIsOld
SteveIsOld began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs up Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I have to say I've been having issues of late along those lines; solved them by adding CALIBRE_NO_NATIVE_FILEDIALOGS=1 to my environment.

See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
^^^^^^^
I have been looking for a fix for a while for this problem. None of the fixes worked until I found yours. Thank you so much!
SteveIsOld is offline   Reply With Quote