Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Free App of the Day - Drawing Pad

Today's FAOTD is Drawing Pad, absolutely LOVE IT! Especially like the GUI of the app. Wish more apps were designed like this. Kinda Kid Pix like, and I LOVE Kid Pix (wish they'd make an Android/iOS app already!).

And of course I used my Wacom Bamboo stylus.

EDIT: Just noticed I accidentally deleted the red marker on the H. LOL.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 12-06-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Today's FAOTD is Drawing Pad, absolutely LOVE IT! Especially like the GUI of the app. Wish more apps were designed like this. Kinda Kid Pix like, and I LOVE Kid Pix (wish they'd make an Android/iOS app already!).

And of course I used my Wacom Bamboo stylus.

EDIT: Just noticed I accidentally deleted the red marker on the H. LOL.
And of course I bought this a couple of days ago. :sigh:
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Very nice!
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
And of course I bought this a couple of days ago. :sigh:
I get what you mean. I did the same with Sketchbook Mobile.

My personal opinion is that I try not to wait out on the paid apps to become free. Because most of the time when it happens, it's because the developer will stop supporting it shortly. You get about two months worth of use, then it stops working, the developer canceled their developer account, and so on. Most of the apps I used in 2007 are gone now.

And then I just don't want to frustrate myself with the prices going up and down with the sales. If I were a developer, I would rather people pirate my app instead of waiting for the price to go down, because at the end of the day you're just wasting my time. You're not benefiting me because I'm losing about a buck in revenue. People just want to pirate something, but in the official way as to not get sued for it.

All my Autodesk stuff is free because I'm a student, so I owe them the little money for their mobile apps. That's the way I see it anyway.

$5 is not a lot of money either. Most of the apps I buy are all $5-10 actually. Sadly all on iOS, but I'll probably do the same on Android too once the Amazon store gets bigger.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I find it very slow and unresponsive.

"Drawing" is actually leaving a line of pencil-shaped ink blots. Not what I consider helpful.
But your clownfish is great, couldn't paint that in 10 years if my life depended on it :-)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Just a heads up that if you missed this or would rather get Sketchbook Mobile, it's now on sale for 10 cents. There are a bunch of 10 cent app deals going on now.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
Just a heads up that if you missed this or would rather get Sketchbook Mobile, it's now on sale for 10 cents. There are a bunch of 10 cent app deals going on now.
It's Google that is doing this and looks like Amazon is price matching. Every day for the next 10 days there are going to be 10 apps for 10 cents at the Android Market. It looks like it started today.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's Google that is doing this and looks like Amazon is price matching. Every day for the next 10 days there are going to be 10 apps for 10 cents at the Android Market. It looks like it started today.
It started yesterday and Google has presented 21 apps so far. Of those 21, Amazon has 12 of them in its app store. Of those 12, Amazon has given 8 of them away for free in its free app of the day program.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Yeah, I got them ALL, even after saying all the stuff I just did. :P. I have a $2 credit on my account though, so hey!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:58 AM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've picked up Fruit Ninja for Hubby. Beautiful Widgets and Christmas HD Live Wallpaper which I know it gonna wreck havok on my phone's battery but I just got in the mail a second charger so not too worried there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote