Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
nanrector
nanrector began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 10 HD
Still no absolute fix for kindle books showing in docs?

Hello!

I have researched this through the years till I'm blue in the face. I still cannot get "some" of my books to show up under books rather than docs on my Kindle Fires using "send to kindle" or sideloading. (My default is "send to kindle" because I want them archived.)

I typically convert EPUBS to MOBI and remove the [PDOC] tab. I leave it blank though I've tried the [EBOK] tag also. It occasionally works but most of the time the show in docs. I still can't find any recent info on instructions that works all the time.

Is there any new details on this or am I just missing something?

Thanks so much for any insight!
Nancy

Calibre3.29 6bit
Windows 7 Pro
New Kindle 10
nanrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you send to kindle then amazon reprocesses the book to always make it a personal document, regardless of what you do.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #3
nanrector
nanrector began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 10 HD
Well that would explain my ongoing problem I guess. I assume sideloading would work... but then I don't have them archived. Bummer...
nanrector is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion problem, kindle doc, pdoc