Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 04:55 AM   #1
ulotrix
ulotrix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Starting Edit Book Plugin. Need idea

Hi everyone.

I want to develop edit book plugin to Calibre. I know Python as well and I read calibre plugin developing page and plugin API page.

This is my plugin idea: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=631

And I want to make this.

I have some epub and their clippings.txt files.

1) In edit book I will upload the clippings.txt own epub
2) I will pick highlighted word and their location information from clippings.txt
3) I will change those words background or change to bold those word in book edit section.

So I have some question.
1) Is there any chance to find location with built-in Calibre API function?
2) If no how can I find those words? (Regex or built-in find/replace function)
3) Is possible to chance words background or something like this?

Any other idea is appriciated.
ulotrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no builtin calibre function for decoding a clippings.txt file. Not to mention that a clippings.txt file's location will be with reference to a MOBI file not an EPUB. You will need to use search and replace.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 06:17 AM   #3
ulotrix
ulotrix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is no builtin calibre function for decoding a clippings.txt file. Not to mention that a clippings.txt file's location will be with reference to a MOBI file not an EPUB. You will need to use search and replace.

Thank you for quick response. Yes, you are right. Not epub. It was mobi.

I can decode clippings.txt not problem but how can I find and replace? With Regex or builtin Python functions? Which one is the best way to do?
ulotrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not sure what you're asking, regex is a builtin python function.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote