Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
libre75
Enthusiast
libre75 began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Buttons

Hi guys, I noticed that in sigil (last version) just installed, I don't see the buttons to change the display from text to code, does anyone have any idea how to restore them?
libre75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
BookView has been removed from Sigil about 3 or so releases ago. Please use the Views menu to enable "Preview" which will dynamically update as you code in CodeView and is synced to CodeView.

If you are looking for simple visual editing instead, you can try the PageEdit app that was created from the old BookView.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alternatively, you can re-install Sigil-0.9.14 to keep using BookView.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #4
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Can we have a sub forum for that please? Title in red, 48 pt and blinking?
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer

We already have a sticky thread entitled "Where's Book View?" but no one bothers to read it or the release notes or the Wiki. Not sure what we can do to change that.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
We already have a sticky thread entitled "Where's Book View?" but no one bothers to read it or the release notes or the Wiki. Not sure what we can do to change that.
Secure the download ZIP files with a password and have the password in the release notes.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:09 AM   #7
libre75
Enthusiast
libre75 began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Hi, I downloaded page edit version 0.7.1, it's an .exe file, but how do you install exactly to restore the textual view in sigil?
libre75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:18 AM   #8
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Did you read the sticky thread about Book View? Its answering all the questions you have put in here.

BOOKVIEW IS GONE.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:19 AM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by libre75 View Post
Hi, I downloaded page edit version 0.7.1, it's an .exe file, but how do you install exactly to restore the textual view in sigil?
I strongly recommend the latest version of PageEdit which is 0.9.5. Older versions have fewer features as it has evolved quickly.

See the latest Sigil User Guide for info on using Sigil new Preference setting, to specify PageEdit as Sigil's preferred External Xhtml Editor.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:36 AM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
This comment will simply be me venting, with a Sigil/Bookview-related comment.

There's NOTHING you can do to change that. Trust me. I've now spent ten YEARS trying to get people to read instructions. Lotsa luck on that.

Spoiler:
By and large, our users have never used an eBook. Never seen one. Don't know what "reflowing" means. Don't understand it. Don't know from Styles and Headings. Don't know how to "download" a file from a browser; they think that clicking a Word file or JPG in an email is "downloading." Don't know how to install programs and so on. So, when they receive their first ePUB/MOBI files, it's a goat****, unless they RTFI and follow them. Want to know how many actually do that? MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...that's me laughing, so I don't start crying...

I've tried everything. I've tried videos, images, comic books (yes, really); I've tried logical, sequenced emails..nothing works. In today's world, everyone expects everything to be GUI and to be "intuitive," which IMHO, now means "easy for lazy people who know nothing and won't read any instructions to use." I mean, in this day and age, something requiring actual instructions--gasp!--is practically a death knell for the product. If you can't point and click, boy, it's all over.

I"m down with PeterT's suggestion, truly. Force them to read something or force them to see something. It's ridiculous, as this is voluntarily-supported OS software, but...unless everyone here wants to keep answering the same question, over and over and over (in other words, have MY job), I don't see a better solution.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:44 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by libre75 View Post
In addition to Kevin's advice to use the latest version. The downloaded "PageEdit_0.9.5-Win_x64.exe" file is nothing more than a self-extracting zip archive. You double-click it and it extracts everything to a PageEdit folder in that location. The PageEdit.exe file is in that folder (as well as everything else PageEdit needs to run). Move the PageEdit folder to wherever you like. You can also move the self-extacting archive to the location you want PageEdit to be before extracting it. That is the extent of "installing" PageEdit on Windows.

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/PageE...dit-on-windows

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-06-2019 at 09:59 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote