Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #3346
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@qlob: Usually, yeah. Using an FT override should workaround the issue.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #3347
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
@NiLuJe What do you mean by override? And how do I use one?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #3348
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@qlob: There should be a "FreeType Override" submenu in the "Fonts" KUAL menu. It'll 'take' after a reboot.

Check the first post for the details, I can't remember which one is the closest match to Aazon's on FW 3.4...
Old 07-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #3349
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@qlob: There should be a "FreeType Override" submenu in the "Fonts" KUAL menu. It'll 'take' after a reboot.

Check the first post for the details, I can't remember which one is the closest match to Aazon's on FW 3.4...
Riiiiight, KUAL....

I installed the fonts hack long before KUAL was a thing. I suppose that means I should update that then? I didn't realize the k3 stuff was even updated anymore, I haven't been on MR for a year or two...

EDIT: Just looked, my fonts hack is at 5.4.N, so I'll go ahead and update then. Honestly, I should just debrick and redo everything, my device is a mess, but I hate to lose all the cool things I've done with it...

Thanks, @NiLuJe!

Last edited by qlob; 07-06-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #3350
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@qlob: Heh! The device following me around in my bag is a K4, so I try to keep an eye on the 'old' stuff .
Advert
Old 07-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #3351
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
@qlob: Heh! The device following me around in my bag is a K4, so I try to keep an eye on the 'old' stuff .
Well thanks for looking out for us people who are behind the curve. I'm proud to report that the override worked right off the bat, the KUAL integration is superbly useful, and I swear my font looks a bit better now.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:31 AM   #3352
qlob
Official Lurker

Oh boy, the browser fonts have changed now... I liked the stock fonts, but only in the browser xD.

does the nobrowser file still work?
Old 07-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #3353
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@qlob: Yep, but that kills KF8 support too.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #3354
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
@qlob: Yep, but that kills KF8 support too.
Eh, that's okay with me, I've only got the one KF8 anyways.

I have the nobrowser file from the old install, and it's still in the linkfonts dir, and i have rebooted twice, so maybe it's just this new hinting that's throwing me off or something...
Old 07-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #3355
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Wait. Are the browser fonts actually modified (i.e., by your custom ones), or do they just render differently?

Because they should only render differently (because of the FT override), if you've got the nobrowser file. (Check KUAL: what does the KF8 button say: "Don't tweak KF8 & Browser fonts (Default)" or "weak KF8 & Browser fonts"?)
Old 07-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #3356
qlob
Official Lurker

It says "Tweak browser and KF8 fonts."

I'm stating to think the font's just rendering differently, it just threw me off as it looked a good bit different.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #3357
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@qlob: So, yep, the nobrowser flag is still there. And yeah, only the rendering should be different, not the font themselves. (Granted, the rendering differences can be quite large, depending on the font ^^).
Old 07-14-2014, 02:58 AM   #3358
lilmo
lilmo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2EU - SN 9017 - FW 5.4.3.2
Message deleted

Last edited by lilmo; 07-14-2014 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
lilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #3359
zihe
zihe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 FW 4.1.1
Reader fonts still on default

So I've jailbroken my device and installed the fonts hack.
UI fonts did change but reader fonts are still on default.

on the font dialog i can see Droid Serif in the size picker but the actual font used for the book is still the default kindle font.

I'm using a Kindle 4 with FW 4.1.1

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
zihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #3360
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@zihe: If this is a KF8 book, you need to enable KF8 handling the Fonts Hack settings (check the Fonts section in KUAL).

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet