Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
EliteGroup 8 1/2" x 11" screen with WiMAX and 3G

I don't know if this has been posted. Here is a video of ECS 8 1/2 x 11 inch E-ink reader. No mention of release date or pricing.

8 1/2" x 11" E-ink display
Marvell CPU
Support 3G, Wifi and WiMax

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/06/03/elitegroup-e-ink-e-reader-now-with-wimax/

Last edited by OrcaBlue; 06-04-2010 at 10:44 PM.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
You need to edit the link, it doesn't work as-is (unless you copy/paste it.)

The caption says that it is "probably and 8 1/2 by 11 inches"-- but that doesn't look like it is that big to me-- I'd say more likely one of the standard 9.x screens.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Link edited...removed extra "http" Thanks!!!

You can probably see a high resolution 720p video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIzre...layer_embedded

Last edited by OrcaBlue; 06-04-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
That's EliteGroup the motherboard manufacturer, right? Or is this a different one that I'm confusing it with?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
OrcaBlue
Groupie

Yupe, that the very same EliteGroup. That wasn't much of a demo but the device does look sweet. Hmm.., or maybe it's the model that grabbed my attention.

It's funny how they still have the mouse pointer showing on the screen. My guess is won't be available any time soon.

Last edited by OrcaBlue; 06-05-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
watershawl
Enthusiast
watershawl began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Reminds me of the Onyx Boox 60

The round navigation and large icon size reminds me of the Onyx Boox 60, but a ereader with Wimax, WOW! I'm interested.
watershawl is offline   Reply With Quote