Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
TeddieS
TeddieS began at the beginning.

Device: none
PDF with the wrong names

Okay whoever created some of my PDFs didn't name them properly.
When I look at them the name of the file is correct but when I load them into my PRS-505 the name of some are missing and then some have the persons file Path some even say microsoft docs etc....
Is there a way to fix this?? It drives me batty.
Thanks

Last edited by TeddieS; 05-10-2009 at 03:10 PM.
TeddieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Looks like your metadata are not well written.

I would suggest, before uploading the PDF file to your reader to check the metadata (title, author, various tags) of your PDF. There are several freeware to do it. Just google for them.
- BECYPDFMetaEdit
- A-PDF Info changer
- PDF Info

You also can use any of them to update your metadata.

Last edited by roger64; 05-11-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: replace meta-file with metadata (age...)
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi

Looks like your metadata are not well written.

I would suggest, before uploading the PDF file to your reader to check the metadata (title, author, various tags) of your PDF. There are several freeware to do it. Just google for them.
- BECYPDFMetaEdit
- A-PDF Info changer
- PDF Info

You also can use any of them to update your metadata.
It's probably the information in your /Info tag. You can easily change that - also with the script if you slightly adjust it.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
TeddieS
TeddieS began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks everyone this will help a lot!!!
TeddieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
Silverexpress
Silverexpress began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Checkout a freeware program called Calibre. It's made specifically for managing ebooks.
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert