Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Aluratek Libre Pro $30 @ geeks.com

The Aluratek Libre Pro is on sale new for $30 at geeks.com
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AEBK01FS

It isn't eInk but has a non-backlit monochrome LCD screen. Great readability outdoors, decent battery life, and no page-turn flicker.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
shorttimer1
Enthusiast
shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB X3 Kindle Fire HD 32GB
Thanks WJM. I ordered one just because of the price. I plan to throw some of my books on it and give it to a friend that doesn't have an e-reader. For $35 and has an SD slot for additional storage I thought it was worth it as most reviews seemed very positive.

Thanks again
shorttimer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 AM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I note that it comes with a "carry case" cover. Three years ago that was worth, what, ten dollars?

OK, I just pulled the trigger for $36.42.

Thanks, WJM! Karma!

PS - Apparently it was Borders stock. Shortly after Borders closed I bought a terrific "Borders exclusive" Frank Sinatra box for little money as well.

Last edited by GA Russell; 01-03-2013 at 03:26 AM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It is a good reader. For those who don't know, it's just like the Jetbook. I had the Jetbook and it was very, very nice. You can even put your books in folders and subfolders.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Always wanted this or a JBL. Not sure I'll pony up for something with a 2-3 year old "new" battery in it though.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Well, you can still get a JBL at Newegg for $57. No need to worry about the battery -- just pop in a few fresh AAs!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Does the Aluretek support dictionary lookup? I didn't see any mention of dictionary support, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't supported. Although I have a decent vocabulary, I do like to look up words I'm not familiar with.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Always wanted this or a JBL. Not sure I'll pony up for something with a 2-3 year old "new" battery in it though.
soondai, I'm very pleased with my JBL and recommend it! In fact, I bought a second as a backup.

I have faith that this Libre Pro's battery is younger than 2-3 years. The firmware is 1.5 or less years old. But you could be right.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I am a former Libra Pro owner and I was quite happy with mine, the only trouble came when I attempted to do some stupid things with it, like shoving it in a space too small for it and dropping it down a flight of stairs. So as long as you don't get stupid like me you should quite satisfied with your libra pro.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I have faith that this Libre Pro's battery is younger than 2-3 years. The firmware is 1.5 or less years old. But you could be right.
No biggie at this price, but given they're in Borders boxes, I'd bet they're at least 2 years old.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
No biggie at this price, but given they're in Borders boxes, I'd bet they're at least 2 years old.
The firmware includes the ability to read ADE DRM ePub. I don't think that that was available two years ago. But I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Just received the Aluratek Pro. What a bargain! It did not come in the Borders box shown, but an Aluratek box promoting the Kobo store. It has a 1 year warranty, so I'm not concerned about the battery.

I bought it as a gift, but I like some of the unique features enough to purchase another one. This same model (AEBKO1FS) is currently on sale at Aluratek.com for $89.99.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #13
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
The price is $29.99 now...
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Kris, the price is $29.99 plus $6.43 shipping.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #15
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Kris, the price is $29.99 plus $6.43 shipping.
I was charged $9 for shipping from southern California to northern Idaho.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote