Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Source
M92 User
Source began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
M92 Programmable MP3 Player For Autosuggestive learning

I am sure many of you have heard about the methods of learning while sleeping. Originally this was used primarily to learn languages while asleep, because that is mostly a mechanical and automatic function of subconscious mind, and there is not much need for logical thinking. But this has been extended for other fields of science as well and it is not limited only for learning languages.

The method is very simple: The material to be memorized is recorded, and it is played back several times during the night while the student is asleep. The same process can be used to reprogram our own subconscious mind to our liking. Phobias can be eradicated and released or at least weakened, and new positive affirmations, subconscious programming can be implanted for effective self development.

Since M92 has got inbuilt MP3 player capability, low power consumption, and silent operation, it could be the ideal device for the purpose. All we need is a programmable MP3 player that runs on Linux and can be installed on M92. I am almost sure there is no such program available of shelf right now. But it is very simple to create such a program from scratch, or by extending an existing one. I could write such a program easily in VB.NET but that would not run on Linux unfortunately.

I hope to rise some interest and create a demand for such a program, so that we could motivate a Linux programmer to do it for us. It would be absolutely fantastic and very rewarding to exploit our M92 for this purpose.

The program has to be able to play several MP3 recordings at specified programmable times. You can imagine a time table where in each row you enter the start time at first, and then the name of the MP3 file to be played. The table can contain several such lines which will cover the play list for the night.

If you have any suggestions how could we get such a program, or if you are interested to have such an application, please comment.

Cheers,
Joe
Source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
You could try to asi at RockBox project pages. The sideeffect of project is android clone.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
Source
M92 User

Thanks for the suggestion, I have posted some related questions on their forum.

As far as I could see after a quick glance, the RockBox is limited to specific MP3 players only and M92 is not among them. It also lacks the functionality we need. So basically that looks like a no go.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It runs on android and hopefully android will run on m92 soon. The only thing needed is to motivate Rockbox developers to implement it. Or you may implement it. Rockbox is in c or c++.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Source
M92 User

When the M92 will run on android then we may come back to this idea. I have got a feeling though, that it won't happen very soon.

But after some more thinking I have realized that the same result can be achieved with a much simpler approach which doesn't need any new software or modification. Simply create silent MP3 files of specific durations like 1hour, 10 minutes, 1 minute etc. and use them on the playlist as spacers between the real suggestive files. This way the text can be played back approximately during the REM phase of sleep only, for better efficiency. Leaving the rest of sleep time silent for deep sleep and refreshment.

The method should be tested for efficiency and usefulness first with this simple approach. If it proves to be worthy, then we can put more effort into refining the playback application.
Advert

Tags
application, auto suggestion, linux, m92, mp3 player