Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
altworld
Evangelist
altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android G1
The Tether: None Good - A Paranomal Action Adventure Novel

The Tether: None Good by Nick Davis - A Gritty Fantasy Action Adventure that starts all Stephen King, and ends all James Patterson... The fight for reality begins in Baltimore...

Sarah is a troubled student at a Baltimore private school. Through a series of nightmarish events she becomes the reluctant Keeper of a device called the Tether; that allows her to control an Angelic being called Paul and to cast will powered enchantments called Indices. As she races to uncover answers to the Tether's secrets, dark forces give chase to claim the device and Sarah for themselves...

The Tether: None Good deals with Sarah's discovery of the Tether, and chronicles her journey through her first night as the Tethers Keeper. Sinister forces try to track her down to claim her and the device for themselves. She is aided in this journey by CT, the Grandson of the original Tether Keeper. Together with CT they race against the darkness as Sarah discovers the powers she can tap into and how to control the Tethers Angelic Guardian Paul.

Set against the real back drop of Baltimore city this dark urban fantasy by Nick Davis. The novel follows Sarah through a helter-skelter one night journey into a reality that is disturbingly familiar, but has unnatural creatures stalking its shadows. .

The Tether: None Good is available in multi-eBook formats at Smashwords at
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/20156.

The Tether: None Good is available in Kindle eBook format at
http://www.amazon.com/The-Tether-ebook/dp/B003B669N2

The Tether: None Good is available for the Nook at
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...2940011806032/

The Tether: None Good is available for traditionalists in Printed Book format at
http://www.the-tether.com

About the Author
Nick Davis is an Englishman currently living on the East Coast of the USA not too far removed from Charm City (aka Baltimore). He is a former White Dwarf feature writer, now freelance content creator and fully employed Web Designer. He is married to a very patient Irish American lady and has four children. When Nick is not working, running errands, playing with his kids or burrowing through an ever growing list of ongoing house 'projects'. He can be found plodding away on a keyboard exploring the worlds of his imagination that takes our reality and twists it around just a couple of degrees...

Last edited by altworld; 09-29-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Update
altworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
altworld
Evangelist
altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Tether Series - First Book None Good available now

The first book in the on going The Tether series None Good is now available on Smashwords.com in multiple ebook formats.

The Tether None Good
Sarah is a troubled teenage girl attending a Baltimore Private School. After experiencing a brutal kidnap she finds herself fighting for not only her life, but for her soul and reality itself. When in one explosive moment she is handed a Tether which contains the power that could change the world for good or for evil. The only problem is good and evil become a matter of perspective and as she races for answers these lines become increasingly blurred.

A new novel by Nick Davis that explores faith, friendships and the meaning of the fight between good and evil. Set against the back drop of Baltimore city. The Tether takes you on a helter-skelter one night journey into a reality that is disturbingly familiar, but has unearthly creatures stalking its shadows.

I will be using this thread to post updates on Book Two, excerpts, chapter notes and general the progress of the second part of this series. Oh, and of course take in all the feedback you all would like to throw my way. Be back soon with the first chapter...

Last edited by altworld; 04-12-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Removal of Promo Code
Old 04-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
altworld
Evangelist

Yes I knew The Tether was going up on Amazon and in the Kindle store, but seeing it in the listings just gave me one of those awesome life moments

[tinyurls are not allowed. - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-08-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
altworld
Evangelist

Only two days remain to take advantage of this cool deal, award yourself with a dark urban fantasy The Tether None Good 50% off at Smashwords.com

Use this coupon code EX24X to get your 50% discount... Remember only two days remain on this deal
Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
altworld
Evangelist

Putting together the outline for the second book in the series, so far I'm tying Sarah closer to The Custodiet, the effects it has on CT, we learn a little more about what Paul really is and is he really an Angel? Plus we find out a who the Savant was sending that information too in the first book, which could potential spark a civil war... Not to mention a new menace rises as a plot is uncovered to find the original lesser key of Solomon...

Might be a longer book than the first...

Just have to stop playing with my kids lego digital designer and find a break from the usually house hold to do lists at the weekend.

Thank you for listening.
Arigato,
Nick
Old 04-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
altworld
Evangelist

Removing time limited promotion, go and enjoy the book

To check out The Tether None good at Smashwords.com click here

Last edited by altworld; 04-22-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Removal of promo code
Old 04-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
altworld
Evangelist

Because you PM'd I've extended the 50% off cover price promo. Please use the code GF77V to get 50% off the Debut Novel The Tether None Good cover price until April 18th. Now get reading

To check out The Tether None good at Smashwords.com click here
Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
altworld
Evangelist

Some interesting new, The Tether None Good has now been distributed over to Barnes & Noble, which means soon it will be available on their ebook reader the Nook direct from B&N website.

More motivation to finish off the outline for the second part and jump into the insanity of the first draft... Stay tuned
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #9
altworld
Evangelist

Dark Urban Fantasy The Tether None Good - $2.99

Today I got word that an Publishing Agent is interested in reading a sample (first 50 pages) of my debut novel - The Tether None Good. To celebrate this awesome news, I am dropping the price of None Good to $2.99 for the rest of its limited release.

Here is the synopsis for None Good, the first book in The Tether series by Nick Davis (Me)

None Good is the story of Sarah Taylor, a troubled Baltimore school student. Sarah is not a doe eyed victim but a smart, sassy and sarcastic young lady who is not afraid to kick butt, and say what she thinks. She stumbles upon powerful device called a Tether that allows her to control an Angelic like bodyguard called Paul, and connects her to the mysterious source that allows her to cast indices (spells).

The story deals with her discovery of the Tether, and chronicles her journey through her first night as the Tethers Keeper. Sinister forces try to track her down to claim her and the device for themselves. She is aided in this journey by C.T., the Grandson of the original Tether Keeper. Together with C.T. they race against the darkness as Sarah discovers the powers she can tap into and how to control the Tethers Angelic Guardian Paul.

Set against the real world back drop of Baltimore city the story takes the reader through a reality that is disturbingly familiar, yet haunted by shadowy unearthly creatures. This is a frenetic paced chase novel set upon a dark urban fantasy. I think it appeals to mainstream fantasy readers, paranormal enthusiasts, and contains enough horror to draw in that audience too.

I hope you take advantage of this and check out The Tether None Good at its Limited Release price of $2.99

You can pick up The Tether None Good at Smashwords.com by clicking here
Old 04-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
altworld
Evangelist

Yesterday evening I got word that an Publishing Agent is interested in reading a sample (first 50 pages) of my debut novel - The Tether None Good. To celebrate this awesome news, I am dropping the price of None Good to $2.99 for the rest of its limited release life.

Here is the synopsis for None Good, the first book in The Tether series by Nick Davis (Me)

None Good is the story of Sarah Taylor, a troubled Baltimore school student. Sarah is not a doe eyed victim but a smart, sassy and sarcastic young lady who is not afraid to kick butt, and say what she thinks. She stumbles upon powerful device called a Tether that allows her to control an Angelic like bodyguard called Paul, and connects her to the mysterious source that allows her to cast indices (spells).

The story deals with her discovery of the Tether, and chronicles her journey through her first night as the Tethers Keeper. Sinister forces try to track her down to claim her and the device for themselves. She is aided in this journey by C.T., the Grandson of the original Tether Keeper. Together with C.T. they race against the darkness as Sarah discovers the powers she can tap into and how to control the Tethers Angelic Guardian Paul.

Set against the real world back drop of Baltimore city the story takes the reader through a reality that is disturbingly familiar, yet haunted by shadowy unearthly creatures. This is a frenetic paced chase novel set upon a dark urban fantasy. I think it appeals to mainstream fantasy readers, paranormal enthusiasts, and contains enough horror to draw in that audience too.

I hope you take advantage of this and check out The Tether None Good at its Limited Release price of $2.99 ;D

You can pick up The Tether None Good at Smashwords.com by clicking here
Old 09-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #11
altworld
Evangelist

Hello,
Been a while since I last updated the news here about The Tether, my dark urban fantasy novel, and I have a bunch of news about my book... So hang on tight and here we go...

1. Book Signing - Saturday September 25th 12- 4pm at Chuck's Comics located at 530 Eastern Blvd, Essex MD 21221 I will be hosting a book signing for The Tether, come and join me to talk about the writing process, what is coming next and of course to pick up your signed copy of The Tether.

2. New Website - Alt-world my home on the internet has been updated with a whole new look. Now more interactive with daily blogs, pictures, tweets, Tri-weekly webcomic and great door way into exploring the universe that The Tether inhabits. Check it out at http://www.alt-world.com

3. Screenplay Development - The Tether is now being developed into a screenplay by AEN Entertainment, look out for more news on this as it is developed. Could the silver screen be in this novels (and Authors) future?

4. Graphic Novel - Rumors abound that The Tether universe will start having a graphic supplement exploring the universe and the novels side characters further. Watch out for new images, glimpses at work in progress and news about this as it happens... And it is going to happen.

5. Exclusive Extract - Work continues on part two of The Tether I'm now rolling through the second draft and have posted an exclusive extract the first 1000 words from the first chapter of The Tether Part Two on my http://www.alt-world.com blog. More Extracts will follow.

6. Apple iBookstore - The Tether is available in eBook format for the Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/The-Tether-ebook/dp/B003B669N2, and through Smashwords for other eBook Reading devices athttp://www.smashwords.com/books/view/20156. I',m happy to announce that The Tether is also available in the Apple iBookstore for the iPad and iPhone.

7. Kindle Joy - Don't forget The Tether, a dark urban fantasy set on the streets of Baltimore is also available for your Kindle devices. Come and join the adventure today at http://www.amazon.com/The-Tether-ebook/dp/B003B669N2

Thank you for listening
Domo Arigato,
Nick Davis
Old 10-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
altworld
Evangelist

I'm happy to announce that The Tether Paranormal Action Adventure Series now has its own group up on Facebook. Join up and get the inside track on news, sneak peak excerpts, events and other cool stuff that is going to be hitting the The Tether universe very, very soon... The full URL is below, click it to visit the group.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...019835926&ap=1

Hope to see you all there
Arigato,
Nick D
Old 10-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
altworld
Evangelist

The Tether: None Good now includes a sneak peek chapter of the second book Accept One across all eBook formats, find out what happens next in this paranormal action adventure series.
Arigato,
Nick D
Old 11-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #14
altworld
Evangelist

Speaking of sneak peeks, hop over to my blog to see a possible cover to book two of the Tether: Accept One
Arigato,
Nick D
Old 12-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #15
altworld
Evangelist

Cool beans!!! Accept One, Book Two in The Tether series is less than 20 days away from its eBook release on the Kindle, Nook and other fine eReading devices.

If you are a fan of Paranormal action adventures now is a great time to jump into The Tether universe, come and check it out by picking up None Good, the first book in the Tether saga and sets the stage for a none-stop action paranormal romp. Or as one reviewer put it 'Hollywood Blockbuster' feel to it.

And I like that review a lot

Now go and check out The Tether None Good
Arigato,
Nick D

Tags
hollywood, megan fox, the tether