Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #46
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
I know this is probably really stupid, but how do I get books to show up under "My Shelf", and not just on that little sliding "recently read" bar at the top?
Go to My Shelf, click on the three dots top right side. Select import books. This will import the books into Moon+Reader.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #47
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Go to My Shelf, click on the three dots top right side. Select import books. This will import the books into Moon+Reader.
Thanks. I did that, and it imported ONE book, out of like, 10 on that little slider bar.

ETA: I seem to have figured out import works on the last book opened, so I can get them on the shelf, one at a time, opening the book, hitting back, going to shelf, and hitting import. There has to be a quicker way I'm missing though.

Last edited by diremommy; 05-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #48
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. I did that, and it imported ONE book, out of like, 10 on that little slider bar.

ETA: I seem to have figured out import works on the last book opened, so I can get them on the shelf, one at a time, opening the book, hitting back, going to shelf, and hitting import. There has to be a quicker way I'm missing though.
You can import everything in a folder (possibly including subfolders) at one time. This means you can queue thousands of books to be imported one after the other without any further input after first selecting the folder. It will take time but it works. I don't know how it will work importing from Dropbox since the books are not actually on your device until called for.

Personally I don't import books into reading apps anymore. I manage my books on my computer using Calibre and use the Calibre Companion app (calibre required) to copy books and manage the books on my Nexus 7.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-07-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #49
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
You can import everything in a folder (possibly including subfolders) at one time. This means you can queue thousands of books to be imported one after the other without any further input after first selecting the folder. It will take time but it works. I don't know how it will work importing from Dropbox since the books are not actually on your device until called for.

Personally I don't import books into reading apps anymore. I manage my books on my computer using Calibre and use the Calibre Companion app (calibre required) to copy books and manage the books on my Nexus 7.
Thanks! The reason I use clouds like dropbox is because I use a laptop, and when it's closed/off, I can't get to calibre, and I never quite *got* how to use calibre companion. It's just easiest to open the dropbox app and pull up what I want, I just needed to figure out how to get it to actually stay in the reader app.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #50
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Question can't get to settings; 3D page-turning hides bottom menu

I use Moon+ Reader Pro on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, under Android 4.1.1. Today I updated Moon+Reader to v 1.9.7 and, out of curiosity, tried the new 3D page-turning display. It's nice, but not really necessary. And it gives me a problem -- I'm used to touching the bottom of the page I'm reading to get a menu with a "settings" icon that takes me to the complete settings menu. But now, touching the bottom of the page simply turns the page. I can't at that bottom-of-the-page menu. And the "settings" icon at the top of a page only brings up the settings for that particular page -- the book, the shelf, the files list, and so on. None of those settings groups include the visual settings that will let me turn the 3D page-turning display off.

How can I get to the complete settings menu?

Thanks --
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #51
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by eischech View Post
And it gives me a problem -- I'm used to touching the bottom of the page I'm reading to get a menu with a "settings" icon that takes me to the complete settings menu.
...~~~...
How can I get to the complete settings menu?
I have always had mine setup to have to double tap the center of the screen to get the bar that pops up with the settings icon on the bottom right corner. In looking through the interface it appears that no matter how you may have things setup tapping twice in the center should bring this option up for you too.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #52
eischech
eischech began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Thumbs up

Quote:
I have always had mine setup to have to double tap the center of the screen to get the bar that pops up with the settings icon on the bottom right corner. In looking through the interface it appears that no matter how you may have things setup tapping twice in the center should bring this option up for you too.
Thanks -- that did it. A good thing to know.
eischech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #53
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by eischech View Post
Thanks -- that did it. A good thing to know.
You're welcome, Glad you got it sorted out.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #54
diremommy
Zealot

Has anyone else noticed the formatting in Moon+ acting up recently? IE, covers not showing, and titles being formatted incorrectly? I've double checked everything in Calibre, and it's all fine, but once I import, it get weird.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #55
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed the formatting in Moon+ acting up recently? IE, covers not showing, and titles being formatted incorrectly? I've double checked everything in Calibre, and it's all fine, but once I import, it get weird.
Not a Moon+ Reader problem.

It sounds like you do not use calibre's send to device feature to get books to your Nexus. This means covers and titles that are correct when viewed in calibre's GUI are not updated in the book on the fly via the Send to device feature. For more specific info you might want to ask the question in the Calibre forum.

Personally I never import any books into Moon+ anymore. I use Calibre Companion (CC) to move books to my Nexus and I use CC to open the book in Moon+. All the covers, titles, series, custom metadata etc... are all right in the CC App and always match what I see in Calibre.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #56
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
... the no background image on my unit doesn't seem to exist. All the background images seem to leave something in the background.

However if I then go to Background colour and change that moving it back to black then I get a black background which is what I was after.
I have an AMOLED screen where true black = off and anything other than true black = still slightly glowing in a completely darkened room. I, too, don't have the "no background image" option, and even with choosing any of the other built in background images and setting them to black, it still isn't true black (in that the background emits faint light).

So I created an all true black, solid color background image that I have uploaded. I'm going to offer it here, for anyone else who might want it who is in a similar situation. This one doesn't emit faint light in a dark room if you have an OLED screen.

Hope someone else can find this useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black.gif
Views:	1030
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	107513  
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #57
brouer
Enthusiast
brouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipedia

Device: Various Android devices
Quote:
It's just easiest to open the dropbox app and pull up what I want, I just needed to figure out how to get it to actually stay in the reader app.
I just star it/mark it as a favourite in Dropbox.
That way it stays on the phone in sdcard/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch/... and I open it in Moon Reader's recent list or a home screen bookmark.
brouer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #58
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I'm not so familiar with Android or Moon + Pro, and I'm a bit confused. I was able to set up the calibre content server, and I can see my books in calibre in Moon +, but not the .mobi files. I added a .mobi file to dropbox, and was able to download that via Moon + Pro, and it opened just fine.

Why don't the .mobi files in calibre show up on the calibre library in Moon + Pro? They do when I convert one of the files to epub.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #59
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I'm also finding page turns very inconsistent I've tried disabling everything but right to left gestures and left to right gestures like I'm used to on my sony reader but quite often I do the left to right and the page actually goes one forward.
I'm seeing the same thing. About every 5 or 10 page forward taps actually goes back a page.

Is there a fix?

Thanks,

CL
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #60
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
I'm seeing the same thing. About every 5 or 10 page forward taps actually goes back a page.

Is there a fix?

Thanks,

CL
I've never had that problem. How do you have your page turn options set? The way I have mine page down is tapping on the right side of the screen and also tapping on the bottom middle. If you go to Control Options, there's a settings button next to Toggle Tap Mode where you can change that.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote