Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
ninelives1
ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Paperwhite
Kindle PaperWhite Swipe to Unlock problem

I just removed ads on my Kindle by paying the $20 to amazon. I also added some custom wallpapers. I don't know at what point it started but now every time I open my case, the screen automatically unlocks. I'd prefer that it wait for me to swipe the screen to unlock. I have some nice wallpapers including a nice portrait of Emma Stone that I would love to actually be able to admire. Does anyone know how to fix this?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474
This is also the link that I used to add the custom wallpapers.
Edit:I know I could just set a password on it but it covers the wallpaper and is time consuming.

Last edited by ninelives1; 01-07-2013 at 08:24 PM.
ninelives1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I assume you have thought of the null solution: any time you want to view a screensaver image, press the power button to put it to sleep after opening the cover and waking it up.

Otherwise, your only hope is a hack to alter the behavior of the magnetic sensor event so that it wakes without unlocking. Which I will admit strikes me a strange, after you pay $40 for an 'active' cover from Amazon.

Or surgically alter your cover to insert a transparent window.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
ninelives1
ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.ninelives1 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I assume you have thought of the null solution: any time you want to view a screensaver image, press the power button to put it to sleep after opening the cover and waking it up.

Otherwise, your only hope is a hack to alter the behavior of the magnetic sensor event so that it wakes without unlocking. Which I will admit strikes me a strange, after you pay $40 for an 'active' cover from Amazon.

Damn. So there's no easy way to fix this. And it's $20, not $40. I was just tired of that smug looking mofo drinking out of his tiny cup of coffee.
ninelives1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Or surgically alter your case to remove the magnet! (or get a new case without the magnet)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninelives1 View Post
every time I open my case, the screen automatically unlocks.
Assuming this is the Amazon case (or other magnetized closure), this is a feature, not a bug.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Where exactly is the magnet that enables this feature? I'd forgotten all about that when I ordered a non-Amazon case. Do you think that it could work with a piece of magnetic tape?

google to the rescue!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=68

Quick in-thread answer? The switch is in the lower right corner of the frame. Magnet on, Kindle shuts down in a couple seconds. Magnet off, Kindle wakes up almost immediately.

Last edited by SampleAndy; 02-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #7
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Where exactly is the magnet that enables this feature? I'd forgotten all about that when I ordered a non-Amazon case. Do you think that it could work with a piece of magnetic tape?

google to the rescue!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=68

Quick in-thread answer? The switch is in the lower right corner of the frame. Magnet on, Kindle shuts down in a couple seconds. Magnet off, Kindle wakes up almost immediately.
If you need a visual, check this post (picture 5)
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote