Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2016, 03:02 AM   #1
midatlantic
midatlantic began at the beginning.

Device: ibooks
Hi I'm new to this forum with question

I have been a user of Calibre on my MacbookPro with Yosemite for a long time and suddenly it won't open properly. I have rebooted, downloaded a new version etc but still won't work. Any ideas of how to fix would be gratefully received.
Cheers
midatlantic
midatlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:31 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi midatlantic and welcome to MobileRead. This is the Introduction section where you should tell us a bit about yourself. Post your Calibre question in the Calibre section and you'll get a quick answer.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2016, 05:59 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You made a post in the Introduce Yourself Forum. That Forum is for new members to Introduce themselves. Because you have not done that, your thread has been moved to a correct forum.

If you wish to introduce yourself, you may go to the Introduce Yourself Forum and do so.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-26-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic View Post
I have been a user of Calibre on my MacbookPro with Yosemite for a long time and suddenly it won't open properly. I have rebooted, downloaded a new version etc but still won't work. Any ideas of how to fix would be gratefully received.
Cheers
midatlantic
Welcome to mobileread

Is there any other info that you can give us?
I'm not a Mac person, but I assume you can get output from applications you run from a terminal, so try ruining it from there, and also run 'calibre-debug -g'* and paste any output in a spoiler.

*I may be wrong about this command, I've gotten it mixed up in the past
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote