Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-13-2021, 11:06 AM   #1621
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
The Piper’s Graveyard by Ben Farthing is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Coincidentally, I was just looking at another book by this author yesterday (It Waits on the Top Floor).

Quote:
In 1284, an evil calling itself the 'Pied Piper' lured away Hamlin’s children. Today, it still hunts…

Cessy arrives in Hamlin, West Virginia to search for her missing sister.

She finds a half-empty town under siege by unexplainable threats:

The dark corners of the town—attics, basements, closets—have been stretched into endless tunnels. Corpses are turning up riddled with holes—holes that slither through flesh like insectile parasites. Ghostly screams echo down from the abandoned coal mine.

A mysterious voice on the radio invites Cessy to abandon her search for her sister, and make a pact with an ancient evil.

Hamlin has already made that pact, and their bill is due. Can Cessy find her sister before the Piper takes his price?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #1622
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King is $1.99 at Amazon US. Get it. Just get it.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:39 AM   #1623
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Get it. Just get it.
Thanks for this. Great cover!

Last edited by gunbad; 06-15-2021 at 09:45 AM.
gunbad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:22 AM   #1624
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Today's likely to be the hottest day of the year so far in the UK, so naturally Stephen King's Cujo is a 99p Daily Deal.

amazon.co.uk | Kobo | Google Play
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:24 AM   #1625
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
There seem to be a lot of deals on Stephen King rolling out. I picked up Revival for 2.99 the other day, though it's reverted back now.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:18 AM   #1626
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
There seem to be a lot of deals on Stephen King rolling out. I picked up Revival for 2.99 the other day, though it's reverted back now.
I'm still waiting for some kind of sale on that other Stephen: Stephen R. George.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:38 AM   #1627
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm still waiting for some kind of sale on that other Stephen: Stephen R. George.
I've only read one Stephen R. George book, Nightscape, but I remember being really impressed with it. I've picked up Seeing Eye and Nightlife, but haven't read them yet.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:48 AM   #1628
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
From my perspective, Stephen King deals don't come along often enough
Old 06-19-2021, 12:54 PM   #1629
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have just about everything he's written, and I've read almost everything - except for about a 5-7 year stretch when I wasn't actively reading his books.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:56 PM   #1630
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've only read one Stephen R. George book, Nightscape, but I remember being really impressed with it. I've picked up Seeing Eye and Nightlife, but haven't read them yet.

I read some of his books back in the Zebra days a long time ago. I remember enjoying the 2 or 3 I read, but I can't remember which ones they were.

Whatever I read will be like discovering him all over again.

Same with Ronald Kelly.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:31 AM   #1631
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
I've got Firestarter on my ereaderiq. Hope they get around to it.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:21 PM   #1632
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
I didn’t end up reading Stephen R. George’s book Beasts, but I remembered the prologue. There’s a guy who got named Jesus Murphy because his father was a jerk. But you can’t feel sorry for Jesus because he’s a sociopathic killer. And then he meets someone even more threatening…
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:13 AM   #1633
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I didn’t end up reading Stephen R. George’s book Beasts, but I remembered the prologue. There’s a guy who got named Jesus Murphy because his father was a jerk. But you can’t feel sorry for Jesus because he’s a sociopathic killer. And then he meets someone even more threatening…

That sounds like a wonderfully demented book.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #1634
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That sounds like a wonderfully demented book.
It was a demented time in horror. That's why it's part of the era covered by the Too Much Horror Fiction blog. I'm glad Stephen R. George was one of the authors who got his books back into print.

I was just reading their entry on the book Lupe... (Not available as an eBook, maybe because the author died in 2001, before most authors considered it a possibility.)
Old 06-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #1635
Critteranne
Guru

Daniel Ransom Books

If you liked Daniel Ransom's horror novels from the early 1990s, they are available in eBook (and audio) editions. However, they are now published as Ed Gorman books.

For example, Nightmare Child by Daniel Ransom can be found in the Kindle edition only as Nightmare Child by Ed Gorman. (Why do authors do this?!) It's $2.99 and available through Kindle Unlimited. You will also find Toys in the Attic (that one does also list Daniel Ransom as the author), The Babysitter, Dadddy's Little Girl, and several others.

This site helps straighten out the pen names:
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/g/ed-gorman/