Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Adios NOOK

Visited my local B&N today. No trace of any NOOK products.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
which store?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
which store?
Columbus, GA
Old 08-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Columbus, GA
I just did an online search for the Nook Glowlight 3 — all stores within a hundred miles have them available in stock for pickup today. This is the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but the search went as far as Waco. I'll have to go into a Barnes & Noble and see if they've gotten rid of the Nook displays in this area. It would be kind of sudden if they just up and stopped selling them like that.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:49 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Visited my local B&N today. No trace of any NOOK products.
Quote:
Columbus, GA
Perhaps the display was temporarily down to be relocated or something? According to the website that store has them in stock for purchase.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 07:48 AM   #6
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler

Well, maybe they're back in the CD/DVD section; I didn't look there.
Otherwise, nada. Maybe behind the counter?
Old 08-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, maybe they're back in the CD/DVD section; I didn't look there.
Otherwise, nada. Maybe behind the counter?
They used to be pretty hard to miss, right at the front of the store. In a day or so I'll check our local Barnes & Noble and see if they've been moved. If they have, that's not a good sign for Nooks.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:27 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
They used to be pretty hard to miss, right at the front of the store. In a day or so I'll check our local Barnes & Noble and see if they've been moved. If they have, that's not a good sign for Nooks.
That kiosk had been removed from the B&n I saw this afternoon. it is also gone from the B&N nearest my house.

The Nook hardware was moved to the CS kiosk.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #9
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That kiosk had been removed from the B&n I saw this afternoon. it is also gone from the B&N nearest my house.

The Nook hardware was moved to the CS kiosk.
CS = coffee shop?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:50 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
CS = coffee shop?
no, CS == Charles Shultz
Old 08-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #11
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
They still carry Nook devices at the B&N stores near me, but they are no longer showcased up front and center. Instead they've moved the Nook reader and tablets towards the back of the store. It's almost like they're embarrassed to be selling it.
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:00 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by azayn View Post
They still carry Nook devices at the B&N stores near me, but they are no longer showcased up front and center. Instead they've moved the Nook reader and tablets towards the back of the store. It's almost like they're embarrassed to be selling it.
It's a shame how badly B&N bungled the Nook. That was the future of their business and they blew it.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:41 AM   #13
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
One of two stores in Upstate SC has just moved the Nook to a customer service kiosk in the middle of the store, removed from just inside the front door. I haven't checked the other store yet.
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Finally went to my local Barnes & Noble today. Weird to see the whole Nook section gone. Actually, it was kind of a relief as they haven't really been taking care of it anyhow and this opens the store up. At first I couldn't find any Nooks at all, just a simple, approximately 4 ft. x 3 ft. display, with Nook cases and accessories displayed. Finally found the Nooks mounted right to the Customer Service counter. Just three of them — the $49 tablet, a $99 Sony Nook tablet and the Glowlight 3. (I think the Sony tablet was $99.) I think the Glowlight was going through demo mode, you couldn't test it out or anything. If this is not the end of the Nooks, it sure looks like the start of the end.

The store, itself, seemed pretty well stocked. This Barnes & Noble is in a busy strip mall, by the main mall in the area. And the economy is fairly healthy in this area, so I'm guessing it's probably the exception to the rule. I was surprised to see two sections of vinyl music albums. I didn't realize they were making that big of a comeback.

Last edited by rcentros; 09-01-2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #15
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ST Nook w/Glowlight (2)
That's what I saw yesterday, all the Nooks are at the customer service desk which is about the center of the store. I think they wanted to use the display room up front for more book sales.
It is sad how B&N have bungled the Nook, they have been sabotaging their product right from the get go. I really think the Glowlight 3 is a step down from the first Glowlight, with the loss of the SD card and it won't fit securely in the cases anymore without the notches. In fact I am going to get rid of it, and get another backup or look at a Kobo. I hope I can keep my glowlights going for a bit longer, they work great.

Last edited by rhyta; 09-02-2018 at 04:22 PM.
rhyta is offline   Reply With Quote