Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-01-2021, 04:26 AM   #1
EnTee
EnTee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
News downloads in HTML only format

Apologies if the is the wrong part of the forum and also if this has been raised before.

I am new to the totally brilliant Calibre and wonder if someone can please give me some pointers?

When downloading say Huffington Post UK via the News option, the resultant output is just pure HTML. This applies to several other tiles but not all.

Is there a conversion option somewhere?

Many thanks!
EnTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You mean instead of text you see html in the output ebook?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
EnTee

Hi,

The front page displays the image followed by a page of links to sections, but the main content is plain HTML.

A snippet from Huffington Post UK is ;

<div class="body-wrap"><div id="readmo-3f7cfe78595240c883052cc8ef1cebc4" style="width: 300px;"></div> &amp;&amp; <div id="left-nav"><div class="left-nav left-nav--news"><div class="left-nav__body"><div class="js-react-hydrator"><div class="left-nav__top"><button class="left-nav__close"></button><button class="left-nav__editions-menu__toggle yr-track">U.S. Edition</button></div></div><div class="left-nav__menu"><div class="left-nav__menu__group"><a class="left-nav__menu__item left-nav__menu__item--linked left-nav__menu__item--heading" href="/news/">News</a><span></span><a class="left-nav__menu__item left-nav__menu__item--linked left-nav__menu__item--link" href="/news/us-news">
Old 07-03-2021, 03:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Looks like the huffpo UK has discontinued its RSS feeds. So the recipe for it will no longer work. It could be re-written using parse_index() but that is more work than I am willing to put in, sorry.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:27 AM   #5
EnTee

Hi Kovid,

No worries - I just wondered if I had missed a setting!

....but that is more work than I am willing to put in, sorry.

I fully understand and please don't apologise - your creation is totally fabulous!
Advert

Tags
html, news