Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Any word on swiping?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #32
NoOneHere
NoOneHere began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
JSWolf, just tried it. Swiping works fine.
NoOneHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneHere View Post
JSWolf, just tried it. Swiping works fine.
WONDERFUL! Now I won't have any issue turning the page one handed mo matter how far up or not I hold the H2O.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneHere View Post
Sideloaded kepub (converted from epub in Calibre so it shows page numbers by chapter not whole book):
The option in the extended driver for full book pages numbers sets an option in the config file on the device. It doesn't affect the books in any way. I don't think the firmware uses this option now, so it shouldn't have an affect.
Quote:
- Can switch between whole book and chapter page numbers
- Whole book: next page increments page number (as expected)
- Chapter: next pages does not increment page number. Have to go 2 or 3 pages to increment. Seems like it is using the Adobe page numbering, though I have that option unchecked.
The full book page numbering for kepubs doesn't change with the fonts size and other settings, so yes, it is probably using the same algorithm as the Adobe page numbering. Or a similar one. With this, depending on font size, a page can cover several screens. A new chapter will always be a new page number. But, the next increment could easily take a couple of taps.

The existing Adobe option is about whether to display the page numbers in the margin, it doesn't effect the numbering in any other way.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #35
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
WONDERFUL! Now I won't have any issue turning the page one handed mo matter how far up or not I hold the H2O.
Swiping works for ages ! works much better than the new option...
Seriously.. if I was a manufacturer, it would scared me if there was a "known bug" or even more, a "known bug list"... I would call the staff and let them chase the bugs.. in stead of making new things that are there already but could be adressed in another way, i would be ashamed that old bugs are going into new firmware.
The only thing that works good with one hand holding is swiping,and that was there before.
Let the light on, sure when u read in the dark and you close the sleepcover it is dark... well.. it will be to even when the light stays on,but you can't see it with the cover.
Without cover.. oh it is so dark when I put out my reader,handy when the light keeps burning for a while... If you just put in on your cabinet or on the floor next to bed, leave it on.. the light go's out when the reader go's into sleep..you can even set the time for that.
Normally I set the light only once.. but we need that option to slide the screen to adjust the light (NOT) .
It seems like Kobo is now adding features because people want that with every new release, in stead of fixing the "known bugs list first."
If it was okay,we don't have to yell for a patch again !!

Last edited by Nick_1964; 10-20-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: stupid typo's.. I think my keyboard is having a bug to !
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
My sideloaded with Calibre epub worked fine with the new progress settings. Not sure why it didn't work for you, DNSB.
The page xx of yyy display worked did the percent read display but the time remaining did not. I think that is strictly a kepub item since kepubs love to show time remaining every where -- the home screen, sleep and power off, etc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #37
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I've updated the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware first post.

This is The Skippy the Bush Kangaroo Release.
Why Skippy?

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #38
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Normally I set the light only once.. but we need that option to slide the screen to adjust the light (NOT) .
It just goes to show how different we all are I really like the light-adjustment-via-screen-slide option introduced in 3.8.0.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #39
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Why Skippy?
Isn't that the name of an old Aussie television series. I have vague memories of my younger sister having watched The Magic Boomerang being disappointed by Skippy a decade later. Ugghhh.... severely dating myself here.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-20-2014 at 07:51 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #40
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Exclamation annotations on pdf

I can not see annotations on pdf files. I can put dog ear on pages but I can not find annotation page in any pdf books.
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #41
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Can anyone confirm if any patches made to 3.8.0 survive into 3.11? Specifically footer modifications?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #42
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Enabling FullScreenReading used to mess up the Reading Settings page layout on the Glo, that has been fixed in 3.11.0. (Kepubs still suffer the font cut-off problem in full-screen mode though).

I like the new option to use Adobe-style page numbering in kepubs. A few more improvements like this and reading kepubs might become as nice as reading epubs is.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Can anyone confirm if any patches made to 3.8.0 survive into 3.11? Specifically footer modifications?
The patches need to be redone for each firmware version. The rely on offsets in the binary files and these will change when the code is changed and compiled.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #44
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Enabling FullScreenReading used to mess up the Reading Settings page layout on the Glo, that has been fixed in 3.11.0. (Kepubs still suffer the font cut-off problem in full-screen mode though).

I like the new option to use Adobe-style page numbering in kepubs. A few more improvements like this and reading kepubs might become as nice as reading epubs is.
The feature that I most want is full screen reading works correctly in kepub...
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:46 AM   #45
handocjo
handocjo doesn't litterhandocjo doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura One
On 3.11 kobo aura H2O, KOreader is working well?
handocjo is offline   Reply With Quote