Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
vangop
vangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle
K3 freezes randomly

Hi guys,
I have my k3 for few years. Suddenly it started to freeze randomly. It started after I downloaded a new mobi book from the inet and started to read it. Can it be virus-infected? (silly, but still?)
I don't remember anything else that might cause it to do so, pattern in actions that cause it to freeze. Sometimes i can read for an hour, sometimes it freezes just after power on.
After that it restarts after a while (sometimes only after charging)
I tried to reset to factory, it didn't help.
I disassembled it and vacuumed the dust. Didn't help.
Would appreciate any suggestions. Should I try to flash the firmware again (it is 3.4)? Or it is the same result as factory reset?
Or does it look like a hardware issue (no clue why really).
Please advice

Last edited by vangop; 04-22-2014 at 12:28 PM.
vangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
Ian.M
Connoisseur
Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle 3 GB 3G
Factory reset then reload a SMALL number of books not including your latest ones (i.e. books you know work properly). If it still freezes its almost certainly a hardware problem and attempting to flash it may make it totally unusable.
Ian.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2014, 02:16 AM   #3
vangop
vangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle
Did a hard reset again. The device froze right after showing a welcome page. They call it welcome
So this must be a hardware issue.
vangop is offline   Reply With Quote