Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #61
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I have to say, the Casecrown cover is excellent. The Kobo fits perfectly, and all the buttons and ports are accessible with the cover in place (with the exception of the reset hole, but in theory that's something you should only rarely have to use). The extra thickness makes the home button a bit more recessed, but it's still easy enough to press.

The inside of the cover is lined with a fuzzy material that seems to grip the rubberized surface of the Kobo and keeps it securely in place, so there's no danger of it accidentally slipping out. In fact, it's held so securely that it takes a bit of pushing and pulling to remove the cover.

The magnetic clasp on the front holds tightly and is unlikely to pop open by itself, and the case is flexible enough that the front flap can be folded behind for easier one-handed holding. On the inside of the front flap are pockets for an ID and credit cards (or whatever) and two larger pockets that could hold a folded piece of paper. I told my wife that it's enough to hold everything you need for a night on the town and then realized how geeky that sounds when my definition of "a night on the town" is sitting by myself in a restaurant and reading a book.
Thank you very much for the excellent review
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #62
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
So here's my version of a case for my Kobo Touch. I primarily use a DVD case with the insides cut out, but I wanted something a little beefier to put in my luggage etc where it might get crushed or twisted. Made of maple with a Lexan plexiglass "lid".
Robko, did you make that yourself?
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #63
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbakbwr View Post
Robko, did you make that yourself?
Yep. Worked out pretty well. I couldn't find what I wanted in a hard case that was as small as I wanted.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #64
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Yep. Worked out pretty well. I couldn't find what I wanted in a hard case that was as small as I wanted.
Darn was hoping you bought it cause i am about as handy that way as a sack of wet mice.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #65
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I ordered two Case Crown covers last week, and my wife just informed me that they arrived today. She's extremely happy with it (I'll get my own hands-on after work). It looks like the hole for accessing the home button is larger than in the photos on the website.

The attached photo is my wife's Kobo in her new case (the smeary white bit is some contact information she put there that I obscured with Gimp).
Thanks for the pic of this one. I actually discovered it on ebay last week and instantly fell in love and returned the Werx cover and ordered this one. I am so anxious for it to arrive!
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #66
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Quote:
Darn was hoping you bought it cause i am about as handy that way as a sack of wet mice.
Ultimate Kobo Touch case: http://www.pelican.com/1075/index.html

It's about the size of an A4 sheet of paper (obviously thicker) and it'll withstand a nuclear blast. (Like that Twilight Zone episode.)
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #67
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post

It's about the size of an A4 sheet of paper (obviously thicker) and it'll withstand a nuclear blast. (Like that Twilight Zone episode.)
Now that is pretty neat especially for $42.75
Old 08-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #68
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
For a hard case, I just went to a dollar store and picked up a plastic box-shaped pencil case for $1.70, tax in. I wrap my KT in a small hand towel for shock and rattle protection, stick it in the pencil case, and it's good to go. I can stick it in my laptop bag, or in luggage, or a backpack, etc, and I feel that isn't going to get damaged or scratched during normal usage and movement of the bag.

What I'm looking for now is a good, light case or cover for the times when I won't be transporting it under rough conditions. Something that would allow me to insert it into a smaller thing, like a pouch or purse.
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #69
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original

Quote:
Now that is pretty neat especially for $42.75
I may have been mistaken here. I contacted the distributer in Edmonton and its so new they don't have any so I inquired about the price and when etc.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #70
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post

Just don't break your glasses after that nuclear blast, like poor Henry Bemis did.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #71
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Just don't break your glasses after that nuclear blast, like poor Henry Bemis did.
LOL...Kobo solves that by letting you increase the size of the font!
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #72
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Just got my new Case Crown cover in the mail and it fits perfect. All controls except reset are accessible. Time will tell if use and wear cause a less than snug fit, but right now it is perfect and for only $22(21.95).
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #73
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Picked up a leather case (Ex-point brand) at Borders today. They're 25% off ($30.23 including tax). It's one of those universal ones but on the package it says it's made for Kobo eReader. It looks attractive with the grey interior and pockets. Feels nice. Straps aren't gaudy. I'm just glad I found something. Using an ill-fitting case for a Sony 700 was getting old. I may pick up another one just to have. Accessories are hard to find in the U.S. This cover isn't even listed on the Ex-point website. Maybe they'll be marked down some more at Borders in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0097.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	75178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0098.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	75179   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0103.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	849.5 KB
ID:	75180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0105.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	612.6 KB
ID:	75181  
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #74
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Picked up a leather case (Ex-point brand) at Borders today. They're 25% off ($30.23 including tax). It's one of those universal ones but on the package it says it's made for Kobo eReader. It looks attractive with the grey interior and pockets. Feels nice. Straps aren't gaudy. I'm just glad I found something. Using an ill-fitting case for a Sony 700 was getting old. I may pick up another one just to have. Accessories are hard to find in the U.S. This cover isn't even listed on the Ex-point website. Maybe they'll be marked down some more at Borders in a few days.
That one looks to fit like the Werks case I had. I liked it well enough, but the elastic strap over the power switch got old quickly. Nice looking case, though.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #75
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khourianya View Post
That one looks to fit like the Werks case I had. I liked it well enough, but the elastic strap over the power switch got old quickly. Nice looking case, though.
Yeah, the strap wouldn't be a big deal if they would just use the home button to come out of sleep mode. This request has been made a few times.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel