Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Spring Design Alex

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
3 problems with Alex

a.) It doesn't show in ADE. I can access the SD card though, it's not a windows/driver problem.
b.) Might be directly related with a.): When reading, I don't see the book covers on the LCD screen. I've only got the symbol (ePUB, PDF, ...) but not the book cover like the user guide shows.
c.) In ePUBs you can change the font size, but in PDFs I can't? Wouldn't have expected that. I can zoom into the LCD, but I can't change the font on the actual reading area?

EDIT: Thanks to the support of Spring Design, problem b.) is solved: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=506

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-03-2010 at 06:15 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Mine doesn't show up on the sidebar in ADE, either, not like my Nook did. But then, my Sony 300 doesn't show up in ADE either, and I can still drag and drop books from the ADE documents folder to the Sony and the Alex and read them just fine.

I did see the cover in the LCD for the book I downloaded from Gutenberg, but not the ones I bought from Kobo. Maybe that's an issue with the ebook files.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Mine doesn't show up on the sidebar in ADE, either, not like my Nook did. But then, my Sony 300 doesn't show up in ADE either, and I can still drag and drop books from the ADE documents folder to the Sony and the Alex and read them just fine.

I did see the cover in the LCD for the book I downloaded from Gutenberg, but not the ones I bought from Kobo. Maybe that's an issue with the ebook files.
Hmm, each of my Sonys (including Sony 300) did show in ADE. Now I'm using Sony's eBook library software, but before ADE was working fine.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
kejia
Enthusiast
kejia began at the beginning.

Device: alex ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
a.) It doesn't show in ADE. I can access the SD card though, it's not a windows/driver problem.
b.) Might be directly related with a.): When reading, I don't see the book covers on the LCD screen. I've only got the symbol (ePUB, PDF, ...) but not the book cover like the user guide shows.
c.) In ePUBs you can change the font size, but in PDFs I can't? Wouldn't have expected that. I can zoom into the LCD, but I can't change the font on the actual reading area?
Regarding (b), I have the same. Doesn't bother me. I don't look at the book cover when I'm reading paper books.

Regarding (c), I noticed that too. I think there is a way to transform PDF files to epub version? Haven't tried it yet.

Regarding (a), I responded to one of your posts on another thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...659#post892659
kejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejia View Post
Regarding (b), I have the same. Doesn't bother me. I don't look at the book cover when I'm reading paper books.

Regarding (c), I noticed that too. I think there is a way to transform PDF files to epub version? Haven't tried it yet.

Regarding (a), I responded to one of your posts on another thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...659#post892659
You can convert to ePUB, of course. But that's not what I prefer.
And usually, PDF is horrible as a source format.
I'd like to see zoom and reflow on Alex for PDFs, like most of the other readers do. Or at least one of it (zoom or reflow).
Old 05-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I thought I got "The Moonstone" out of Gutenberg, but when I tried to download that version into ADE I didn't recognize the cover. I checked Google Books, and one of the versions has the cover I've got on my Alex:

http://books.google.com/books?id=TQY...page&q&f=false
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Lomedin
Misanthrope
Lomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Spring Design 6.S Alex DSB-10
I believe these issues have been solved with the firmware update for 1.5
Lomedin is offline   Reply With Quote