Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
File Finder on Mac

I uninstalled PathFinder after it updated to a version I hadn't decided whether to pay for.

Trouble is, Calibre still tries to run PathFinder when I open containing folder for a book.

How do I tell Calibre to use Apple's Finder?
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre simply tells the OS to open folders, what happens next is up to the OS. I'm not a mac user so I cant tell you how to change the program used to open folders in the OS settings, but some googling should show you that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
  • Right-click on a file that uses the file type you'd like to change the default for. e.g. an epub
  • Click on Get Info in the pop-up.
  • Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded.
  • Click the dropdown and choose an app.
  • Click Change All...
  • Click Continue when the Finder asks you if you're sure.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote