Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
dontcrash
dontcrash doesn't litterdontcrash doesn't litterdontcrash doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Smile Improvements/bugs/features

Hi!

After downloading and using KOReader, it was immediately a tenfold improvement to viewing PDF files compared to Nickel, I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the project on Github!
That being said, software is almost never finished, in my free time I will be contributing to KOReader, if you can think of any improvements, bugs or any features you would like to see, please let me know and I will try my absolute best!
dontcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Don't forget to browse the issues list.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #3
dontcrash
dontcrash doesn't litterdontcrash doesn't litterdontcrash doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I won’t! 😀
dontcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Specially, the "enhancement", "bug" and "help wanted" labels. Have fun and welcome.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
bookmarks and words glued together

Hi

Can somebody post here the link to report bugs? I think it changed in the last months.

I wanted to report the following bug: when proofreading on a PDF (but I correct later on ePub), I highlight whatever happens to look wrong. The highlighted text is stored with the bookmarks.

If I highlight some words (say a short sentence) it happens quite frequently that some words are glued together in the bookmarks folder. Though it's still readable, it unables me to search the exact words.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same as always? https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues
Old 10-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Thank you Frenzie.

Bug report sent #5521
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:14 AM   #8
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
I'd like to see a "zoom out/in" function like in KPV (ex-Koreader for non-touch devices) or "pan the active view" function so that we can move the edge of the text a few milimeters up/down/left/right when needed.

Last edited by Marinolino; 10-23-2019 at 04:30 AM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:31 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinolino View Post
I'd like to see a zoom in/out function like in KPV
As an aside, there is some limited zooming in page flipping mode.

Could you please describe how it worked in KPV?
Old 10-23-2019, 04:48 AM   #10
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
As an aside, there is some limited zooming in page flipping mode.

Could you please describe how it worked in KPV?
In KPV (Kindle DX) I can zoom out/in using ALT + <> (prev/next page) buttons, by predefined zoom step e.g. 16 %. (using SHIFT + <> buttons for zoom step decrease/increase)

I can pan the active view using joypad stick (moving it up/down/left/right), also by predifined panning step e.g. 60 pixels.

SHIFT + left/right would decrease/increase predifined x panning step.

SHIFT + up/down would decrease/increase y panning step.

Last edited by Marinolino; 10-23-2019 at 05:19 AM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #11
Frenzie
Wizard

I opened an issue for it, so that anyone who's interested can more easily find it: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5524