Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-21-2023, 01:43 AM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Pocketbook Store question

Hello,

Is this a legitimate website to purchase the pocketbook e-reader?

Last time I got my Pocketbook HD2 from Amazon UK. I'm not a big fan of amazon so I'd like to try another store.

Thanks,
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 04:16 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hello,

Is this a legitimate website to purchase the pocketbook e-reader?

Last time I got my Pocketbook HD2 from Amazon UK. I'm not a big fan of amazon so I'd like to try another store.

Thanks,
Amalthia
I think it's legitimate, but I wouldn't use it because I'm pretty sure it's just another name for goodereader.com. When you check the whois registry for both you'll find they both have similar records — both registered in Hays England (both use the Amazon registry service).

Here's links to the Verse Pro page for both PocketBookStore.com and GoodeReader.com's store. (And also Findereader.com — another name they use.)

Here are the check out pages for the same item at the three sites...

Here are the refund policy pages for the three sites...

You'll note the PocketBookStore refund policy page refers to FindeReader instead of PocketBookStore.

Like I say, legitimate, but apparently they usually drop ship from Asia, which is not what most would expect for an "in stock" eReader.

EDIT: To be fair, I should add that PocketBook does recognize PocketBookStore as a "partner store" in Canada and the U.K. on their website.

Personally I wish Newegg was still a PocketBook dealer in the United States. That's where I bought my HD 3 a few years ago.

TechInn.com sells PocketBook readers. They're based in England, I believe. Sometimes they can be cheaper than Amazon, but it depends on the current exchange rate (and also the postage amount, $8.99 to where I live in Idaho). They promise fast shipping, but I've never bought from them, so I can't vouch for that.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-21-2023 at 04:37 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM   #3
WillW
Connoisseur
WillW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Techinn are part of Tradeinn, based in Spain. Mixed reviews. I would go with Amazon, but first check the item is dispatched from Amazon itself, rather than a third party seller. This way you can be sure the item can be returned without any nonsense…
Currently Amazon Germany have Pocketbook in stock, as do Amazon UK, though may be dispatched from Europe.
WillW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 07:58 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillW View Post
Techinn are part of Tradeinn, based in Spain. Mixed reviews. I would go with Amazon, but first check the item is dispatched from Amazon itself, rather than a third party seller. This way you can be sure the item can be returned without any nonsense…
Currently Amazon Germany have Pocketbook in stock, as do Amazon UK, though may be dispatched from Europe.
In the U.S. PocketBook is the seller and Amazon fulfills the orders. (Although third parties sometimes advertise PocketBooks on Amazon as well.) Currently the Verse, Verse Pro and Era are on sale at Amazon. There may be more models on sale as well.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-21-2023 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-11-2024, 06:20 AM   #5
alexstacey
alexstacey began at the beginning.

Device: i{ad Mini 6, Pocketbook InkPad Color 3, Kobo Elipsa 2E
I am having a terrible experience with Pocketbook store. They took ages to process my order, but took my money straight away. I eventually cancelled my order and got an acknowledgement saying ok. I then ordered my ereader from Amazon UK (I live in England) and got it almost immediately.
Then, after almost a month of waiting and presumed cancelling, the ereader from Pocketbook store arrived along with an extra bill from FedEx for import taxes for £46.55 (which is not mentioned anywhere on their site). I am in the process of trying to get my money back but I am not holding my breath. The machine was shipped from a Hong Kong address which adds to the whole debacle. They also require that I send the machione back at my own expense which, shipping back to Hong Kong, will cost a ruinous amount.
Not a good or honest company. Caveat Emptor.
alexstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2024, 07:30 AM   #6
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
PocketBook made a terrible choice to anoint goodereader as the official reseller in the UK and Canada.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:27 AM   #7
SomeSteve
Groupie
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
PocketBook made a terrible choice to anoint goodereader as the official reseller in the UK and Canada.
Is that different from pocketbook.de?
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 03:24 PM   #8
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSteve View Post
Is that different from pocketbook.de?
Yes, pocketbook.de is a different shop altogether.

Annoyingly (I live in the UK) they let you register an account but they will not allow you to enter a UK address for shipping. Or even a French address, perhaps because PocketBook is Vivlio (sp) in France.

Anyway, pocketbook.de won't sell to me.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 03:34 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Yes, pocketbook.de is a different shop altogether.

Annoyingly (I live in the UK) they let you register an account but they will not allow you to enter a UK address for shipping. Or even a French address, perhaps because PocketBook is Vivlio (sp) in France.

Anyway, pocketbook.de won't sell to me.
If the model you want is on Amazon, you can buy there instead of BadEReader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 04:10 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the model you want is on Amazon, you can buy there instead of BadEReader.
I would definitely pick Amazon over BadEReader.