Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
feffe
feffe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Docker Calibre and KOReader

Hello, I'm having a problem with connecting my kobo aura one running koreader with my calibre server.

This is my setup:
Docker swarm.
port 8083:8080 #guac
port 8081:8081 #webserver

After using the guac interface to enable the server it is reachable on <swarm-node>:8081.
Since it's running in a swarm, the server is accessible from any node at port 8081.
Running for example 192.168.1.244:8081 in the browser works. (from another machine on the same network).
Using that under "calibre wireless connection" ultimately results in an info message saying:
"Cannot connect to calibre server."

On a sort of related side not, I've been trying to figure out where koreader stores its logs but haven't been able to find anything, would probably help a bit if I knew where it was ^^
feffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The crash.log file in KOReader's directory. You'll get a lot still more if you enable debug logging in Advanced settings (in the file manager tools menu).

Note that there are at least two types of calibre server. If I'm not mistaken content server is OPDS and wireless connection is wireless connection, but the fact that you're talking about visiting from the browser suggests OPDS?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
feffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Note that there are at least two types of calibre server. If I'm not mistaken content server is OPDS and wireless connection is wireless connection, but the fact that you're talking about visiting from the browser suggests OPDS?
Thank you I think I figured it out now. I was using wireless connection under tools when I should have been using OPDS Catalog under the search tab. Specifying <node-hostname>:8081/opds works fine and downloading works. And I also see that this enables me to specify username and password so I can open the server externally, so that's nice. Kind of thought it wouldn't have that functionality .

Anyways, thank you for the clarification!

I'm now trying to get authentication to work, I've created a user under "Sharing over the internet > User accounts", enabled the option requiring authentication under "Sharing over the internet > Main" and entered the credentials under the opds catalog entry in koreader. This setup just returns error 400 (aka bad request).

This is how a request looked before entering the credentials:
Code:
09/29/19-16:33:47 INFO  request {
    ["url"] = "http://canti:8081/opds",
    ["method"] = "HEAD",
    ["headers"] = {
        ["Authorization"] = "Basic Og==",
        ["Host"] = "canti"
    },
    ["sink"] = function: 0x2ff49fb0
}
09/29/19-16:33:47 INFO  request {
    ["method"] = "GET",
    ["headers"] = {
        ["Authorization"] = "Basic Og==",
        ["Host"] = "canti"
    },
    ["sink"] = function: 0x2ff4d890
}
And this is how it looks now with credentials specified:
Code:
09/29/19-16:41:39 INFO  request {
    ["method"] = "HEAD",
    ["headers"] = {
        ["Authorization"] = "Basic <snip>",
        ["Host"] = "canti"
    },
    ["sink"] = function: 0x301b9270
}
09/29/19-16:41:39 INFO  request {
    ["method"] = "GET",
    ["headers"] = {
        ["Authorization"] = "Basic <snip>",
        ["Host"] = "canti"
    },
    ["sink"] = function: 0x301bcb40
}
Any ideas? Afaik 400 is only supposed to be used if any part of the request is bork but doesn't take into account content. So for example if "Authorization" had a bad value it would return 401. I don't see any difference here so in request layout so idk why it would return 400.

EDIT: and yes I've restarted the container multiple times after editing user and server settings.

Last edited by feffe; 09-29-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:25 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I vaguely recall issues with authentication & calibre's OPDS servcer, which is why I mentioned yesterday in the thread below yours that it might need to be passwordless.

I don't recall the details, but I'm sure there's at least a couple issues about it on github.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-420949393
Quote:
As a workaround, you can enable basic authentication support:
Calibre -> Preferences -> Sharing over the net -> Advanced tab and set:
Choose the type of authentication userd: basic and restart content server.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
feffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Thank you, that got it working with authentication as well.

In short if anyone finds this later:

If you want to use calibre as a content server, use opds.
OPDS is accesible as part of the content server.

In koreader: Search > OPDS catalog, specify a url to the opds server which is hosted on the same port as content server under "/opds" aka something along the lines of "http://<hostname>:8081/opds".
Old 09-29-2019, 10:02 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If you long press on "Local calibre catalog" and select "Edit", you can add the KOReader side of the Content server interface.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote