Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-02-2019, 09:21 PM   #33256
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
You are due for some better luck! I hope things turn around for you.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #33257
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
You are due for some better luck! I hope things turn around for you.
Thanks!
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #33258
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
ARRGH!!!

I need to fly from Honolulu to Virginia Beach for a family emergency, then to Tampa, then return to Honolulu. I have a gazillion Hawaiian Air frequent flyer miles, but do you suppose I could use any of them? Oh H%!! no; 'cause they don't fly to/from any of the destinations; so I'm gonna have to drop considerably north of a grand on air fare.

Then when I went to book the flights, not a single travel agency could make all the connections, so I spent the better part of a day and a half piecing together routs with multiple airlines/travel agencies.

Lesson learned; use Expedia for anything they can do. Unfortunately they couldn't do everything this time.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #33259
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Irony me this; I'm gonna earn several thousand more Hawaiian Miles for this.

Last edited by wodin; 11-06-2019 at 03:59 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #33260
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
For those interested in the Family Thing, I've written an update both yesterday and today in the What Are You Doing Right NOW thread.

Hint: there's a reason it isn't in the Vent and Rand Thread.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #33261
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm thoroughly annoyed with DHL.

Up until about a year ago we had a delivery driver in our neighbourhood that did a great job. He knew when shops were open and he knew that we were usually at home on Monday so he could deliver our packages. In the years he was our regular deliverer we haven't needed to pick up an undelivered package at a DHL service point.

About a year ago he got a different route and since then we've only had trouble. Packages weren't delivered when the shop's closed (name tag below the doorbell with family name and I made a sign to put on the door for him to let him know we're home). Even when the shop is open packages are often not delivered because we're supposedly not home. I have to pick up the package from a service point. Officially you can do that the next day after 1pm, usually it takes a day longer for him to drop the package off.

And you can't complain to DHL, they refer you to the person/company who shipped the package. Probably because it would cost them to much to hire enough people to deal with all the complaints.

Today a package for me was supposed to be delivered, luckily I was able to change the delivery to tomorrow.

This afternoon the doorbell rang and I go downstairs, I'm surprised to see the DHL man with a package. But not the one for me, but for the lingerie store next door. If we would receive the package. Sure, no problem. I did ask him why he was able to recognize that although our store's closed today that someone might be home to receive a package for a neighbour but that he and his colleagues never do that for our own packages. He blushed and mumbled something.

Hopefully my package will arrive tomorrow. The first package (by another courier) has been lost somewhere in transit and I really want my new gadget.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:21 PM   #33262
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

I always feel worse after I've spoken to the doctor than I did going in.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:58 PM   #33263
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

I always feel worse after I've spoken to the doctor than I did going in.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:21 PM   #33264
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Looks like my cystitis is back, or more likely hadn't really gone in the first place. Always on Friday afternoon, when I have to wait to go to the doctor on Monday. And on Sunday I'm going over to my sister's place, because we're going to a theme park on Monday. I already warned her that we probably have to go to the doctor and pharmacy first.

I'm very annoyed now.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #33265
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went and got my flu shot this morning. My shoulder is starting to hurt.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #33266
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
I went and got my flu shot this morning. My shoulder is starting to hurt.
Yup. This year's seems a bit more likely to give you a sore shoulder for a day or two. But a very, very small price to pay compared to the flu, which is nasty and will leave you, at best, seriously and debilitatingly sick for a week. And that's if you have a "mild" case.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #33267
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yup. This year's seems a bit more likely to give you a sore shoulder for a day or two. But a very, very small price to pay compared to the flu, which is nasty and will leave you, at best, seriously and debilitatingly sick for a week. And that's if you have a "mild" case.
Very true!
Old 11-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #33268
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sorry 'bout your shoulder, covingtoncat73! This year my shoulder was only sore for a couple of hours. Last year it was sore for a few days.

Still, much better than the flu!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:41 PM   #33269
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Sorry 'bout your shoulder, covingtoncat73! This year my shoulder was only sore for a couple of hours. Last year it was sore for a few days.

Still, much better than the flu!
Ha! Exactly the opposite for me. This was the first year my arm really hurt. But I totally agree with CRussel. Would much rather have a sore shoulder for a few days over the flu.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #33270
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
With a Shingrix shot, I was advised to move my arms a bit for the first few hours. I never got sore. I forgot to do this on the second shot, and regretted it! So, practice your windmill exercises (or direct a band, or something). Unfortunately, this only applies to those who have not already gotten the shot!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness