Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 03:37 AM   #76
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I nominate The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. [...]
I've had this on my wish-list since it was part-nominated here. Kobo AU currently have it on special as part of their 3 for $9 deal.

Just saying.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #77
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I've had this on my wish-list since it was part-nominated here. Kobo AU currently have it on special as part of their 3 for $9 deal.

Just saying.
Worth reading, though a lot of it is quite heartbreaking, as one would expect from the subject matter. I have Kate Quinn's next book, The Huntress, on hold at my library.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #78
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Regarding The Alice Network by Kate Quinn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Worth reading, though a lot of it is quite heartbreaking, as one would expect from the subject matter. [...]
I've just finished this and thought it was excellent - so sent you some Karma for the nomination. Quinn has a deft touch with her characters - both real and imagined - and I think she did a wonderful job of weaving fiction with reality. This is among my favourites for the year so far.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #79
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Regarding The Alice Network by Kate Quinn...

I've just finished this and thought it was excellent - so sent you some Karma for the nomination. Quinn has a deft touch with her characters - both real and imagined - and I think she did a wonderful job of weaving fiction with reality. This is among my favourites for the year so far.
Thanks for the karma--I didn't even remember nominating it! I also thought it was excellent.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote