Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Five days on a train with nothing to do...

...but read your eBooks.

Here is a news article about two passenger trains which were delayed en route 19 hours and 23 hours respectively due to the snow here in the US.

I can't count the number of posts I have seen here that say that an asset of an eBook reader is that you can carry hundreds of books with you in your pocket or purse. Well, here are two instances when you might have wanted those books!

N.B. jetBook Lite fans: These trains might be examples of being stuck somewhere without an electrical outlet to recharge your device. So bring along those extra sets of batteries!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...-81008957.html
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
I like how the passengers said they were "tired, hungry and stinky".
Apart from that, it would be absolutely wonderful to have a train ride through the snow whilst reading an ebook.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I wonder if any of them had Murder on the Orient Express on their e-readers.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
We wouldn't want to give them any ideas!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
lessons learned;

always wear clean undies and have your e-reader charged when leaving home!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Always travel prepared. They don't have electronic book readers on the chart yet but....

http://www.solio.com/charger/solio-c...son-chart.html
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
My Sony saved me when my husband landed in the ICU suddenly. I was in no shape to drive - my sister drove me. So I was trapped until someone could get me home to pick up my car, but I had my purse with my Sony, and at the time around 400 books on it. I'm not saying I had a good time, but being able to jump from book to book was a great help.

Husband is OK now, but that was not a fun 3 days.
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Cool

Several years ago, before I was even aware of the digital reader, I'd taken a train down to Los Angeles - I just wanted to see the scenery rather than fly. An 8 hour trip turned into 15, due to freight trains ahead of us breaking down.
Fortunately I had my laptop with me & a doz. DVDs. I didn't go through all of my movies, but I thought I was getting close to it. Now I "don't leave home without it" referring to my Sony. Even if it's just going to work, or out to dinner, or wherever.

Last edited by Treven; 01-10-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
I wish I had mine when I made that bus trip from California back to Quebec 2 years ago... 76 hours or so. Yes, I was stinky too at the end

Now my eBook Reader never leaves me.
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
My husband laughs at me because I take my Reader EVERYWHERE I go... But, ya just never know!!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Always travel prepared. They don't have electronic book readers on the chart yet but....

http://www.solio.com/charger/solio-c...son-chart.html
Lovely idea but here in "sunny" Ireland, the charge would HAVE to last a year... as we get about one sunny day per year!
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
cobalt8
Enthusiast
cobalt8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone
I take my reader everywhere I go as well. Specifically for those unforeseen circumstances where I have nothing better to do than read. And those moments have either increased in number since I got my Kindle or I have just paid more attention to them. lol
cobalt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #13
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I find the value of my Kindle and iPhone incredible when I am stuck somewhere. Only issue is power! The iPhone chews power quickly, especially if watching video.

At least the Kindle lasts a good while!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
I just started back to school for the spring semester, and of course something happened with my classes...I was dropped from all of them by a computer glitch. Sitting around for hours while waiting at the admissions office, then the advising office, was totally bearable with my 600. Time just flew by!
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
If not, the Kindle owners could flick on the wireless 3G and download it "in 60 seconds or less" and enjoy a good -- and most appropriate read. Here's an instance where USB and/or wifi just doesn't cut it.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote