Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 05:25 PM   #1741
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you use a USB2 hub on a USB3 port to plug in your Aura2?
Haven't tried. The HUB was on the desktop for (flash drive) convenience, not because I was port bound. I just plugged in a longer cable to the PC under the desk
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #1742
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Haven't tried. The HUB was on the desktop for (flash drive) convenience, not because I was port bound. I just plugged in a longer cable to the PC under the desk
If you have a USB2 hub, I'd like to know if it works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:16 PM   #1743
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you have a USB2 hub, I'd like to know if it works.
Gave my Powered USB2 hub away.
Kobo on Unpowered Hub works plugged into USB3
Kobo on Unpowered Hub works plugged into USB2
Kobo plugged into TOWER USB3 works
And it works plugged into the USB3 port on the Desktop USB3 hub
AND NOW And it works plugged into the SAME USB2 port on the Desktop USB3 hub that failed before
Old 02-07-2020, 07:30 PM   #1744
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
AND NOW And it works plugged into the SAME USB2 port on the Desktop USB3 hub that failed before
Maybe the cable is flakey.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:46 AM   #1745
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by edged01 View Post
Hi. Long time user of Calibre and KoboUtilities with little problem. After updating Calibre to latest version, I get the following error when I click on the KoboUtilities button. Any ideas? Thanks

calibre, version 4.10.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'backupOptionsStore'

calibre 4.10.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17763')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17763', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 4, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 1, 5) && Kobo Utilities (2, 9, 0) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 0, 3) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Manage Series (1, 2, 9) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 0, 2) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 665, in toolbar_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 335, in rebuild_menus
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2102, in get_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 385, in get_prefs
KeyError: u'backupOptionsStore'
I can see what is happening, but, I can't see how it could have gotten this way. Is this the first upgrade of calibre for a while? There is something wrong with the configuration file. Could you post it? This is "Kobo Utilities.json" and is in the plugins directory of the calibre configuration directory. The simplest way to find it is from the calibre preferences, on the Miscellaneous page and press the "Open calibre configuration directory" button.

Edit:

I worked out the problem and was able to reproduce it. I have release a version to fix this.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-08-2020 at 06:45 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:53 AM   #1746
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I haven't been able to figure this out. My Glo HD doesn't like my laptop. It will connect, but, throws an error when you try to use it. Everything else I've tried it with works. The other devices are fine. But, occasionally, something goes wrong when it is connected, and it usually needs a reboot of the device or laptop to fix it.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:43 AM   #1747
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.10.0

I have just released version 2.10.0 of this plugin. This is to fix some recent problems reported and add support for the Python 3 version of calibre.

The changes in this version are:
  • Update: Changes for Python 3 support in calibre.
  • Update: Rework some query building.
  • Fix: Wasn't handling case were device specific settings were being used, but, there were none.
  • Fix: Disable "Get Shelves From Device" when in the device list.
  • Fix: Problem in sorting when using "Order Series Date".

This should fix the problem that @edged01 reported earlier.

The changes for Python 3 will be backwardly compatible with the released version of calibre. And I have done more testing with the released versions of calibre to ensure the plugin works there. It appears to be working with the Python 3 version, but, I haven't tested everything.

As usual, calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. And if there are any problems with the plugin, please report them here.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #1748
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I haven't been able to figure this out. My Glo HD doesn't like my laptop. It will connect, but, throws an error when you try to use it. Everything else I've tried it with works. The other devices are fine. But, occasionally, something goes wrong when it is connected, and it usually needs a reboot of the device or laptop to fix it.
You describe what I used to see with my old Astak and the Intel 105 chipset (lots of discussion in the MR Astak forums late 2010-11)
I think the clock stability may be marginal
Old 02-08-2020, 08:27 PM   #1749
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
You describe what I used to see with my old Astak and the Intel 105 chipset (lots of discussion in the MR Astak forums late 2010-11)
I think the clock stability may be marginal
With my laptop which has two USB-3 ports, a USB-C port and a Thunderbolt 3 port, I can connect my Kobo ereaders to one USB-3 port and the USB-C port using the appropriate cables and it works, the other two ports will charge the Kobo but the computer detected popup doesn't happen. If I use my powered USB-2 hub, I can plug the hub into any of the 4 ports and a Kobo ereader plugged into the hub will work though the Thunderbolt port is a bit flakey possibly since I am using a USB-C to micro-A adapter.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:18 AM   #1750
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
That is odd. I can plug my H2O into a USB3 port no problem.

I can plug my Forma into the USB3 ports of my laptop directly and it will work fine. Using a cheap USB3 hub instead and it won't; Windows won't detect it and the Forma itself won't see it's connected to anything except power. Connecting my USB3 external SSD to the same hub works, if a lot slower than when plugged in directly.

The joys of cheap USB stuff
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:00 AM   #1751
yaqwa
yaqwa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo
Please help - problem since last update

calibre, version 4.11.1
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QResizeEvent' object has no attribute 'key'

calibre 4.11.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Python 2.7.16+
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM (0, 4, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 10, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 1, 5) && Modify ePub (1, 4, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 9)
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\widgets.py", line 527, in event
AttributeError: 'QResizeEvent' object has no attribute 'key'
yaqwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:52 AM   #1752
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaqwa View Post
Please help - problem since last update

calibre, version 4.11.1
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QResizeEvent' object has no attribute 'key'

calibre 4.11.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Python 2.7.16+
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM (0, 4, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 10, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 1, 5) && Modify ePub (1, 4, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 9)
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\widgets.py", line 527, in event
AttributeError: 'QResizeEvent' object has no attribute 'key'
What were you doing when this happened? There is no indication of where in the plugin this happened. Or even that it is part of the plugin.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:35 AM   #1753
yaqwa

installed the update addon - after that this will occur. When i delete the addon all worked fine again.
After install again the same thing happened.
When i try to change something in the title of a book - means i click on the left side at a title and just want to delete a word or just a letter this will pop up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	177384   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	177385  
Old 02-27-2020, 10:21 PM   #1754
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaqwa View Post
installed the update addon - after that this will occur. When i delete the addon all worked fine again.
After install again the same thing happened.
When i try to change something in the title of a book - means i click on the left side at a title and just want to delete a word or just a letter this will pop up
Sorry, I have no idea how that could happen. And I would have said it was impossible. The plugin doesn't go anywhere near the metadata editor, so I can't think of how it is interacting.

But, I just had a look at the source and Kovid has checked change in to the line of code producing the error. The change will fix this problem. I'm assuming that it is a workaround for a Qt bug of some sort. That will be in the next release of calibre.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:38 AM   #1755
yaqwa

4.11.2 has the same problem

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities