Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #3076
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Is there a way to set fonts smaller than '12'? i'm not sure if 12 is the minimum by limitation, or by setting.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #3077
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@CH23: Not currently.

What's the use case?

(Note that depending on screen resolution/dpi, you might hit CRe's floor instead).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:58 AM   #3078
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@CH23: Not currently.

What's the use case?

(Note that depending on screen resolution/dpi, you might hit CRe's floor instead).
I set the screen DPI to 90, screen to vertical, and to show dual pages, but it's still too large for my liking. chances are that i'm the only one, but i'm very used to ridiculously small texts.

I think it's the CR3's limitation indeed.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #3079
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Easy enough to check if you're hitting the floor after our scaling, with a custom DPI, the computation is as follows:

12. * (SCREEN_WIDTH/600. + 90/127.) / 2.

If that falls below 12, yep, you're hitting the floor .
(Note that SCREEN_WIDTH may not technically be the width, I'm assuming Portrait, here. In practice, it's the dimension of the smaller side of the screen. IIRC, somewhere around 1080 on a Clara/Glo).

Assuming I remembered the right screen size, I'm getting something like 15 with the crappy calculator I have on hand, so you might want to try lowering the floor check in my first link, as that's easy enough to do .

If that does the job, that's harmless enough to be a general purpose fix .
(As would lowering CRe's floor be, while we're there, it's just harder to quickly test, as it requires a rebuild).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-07-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:42 AM   #3080
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Hi there,
I hooked up the Send2Ebook (Receiver) plugin with a FTP (my PC as Filezilla server). Retrieving files works well and fast. I wonder if there is a way to set the download folder in a hidden bookfolder on the external MicroSD card. Tried a few times to customize the directory but hidden folders did not show within the plugin setting.
Thank you.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:10 PM   #3081
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I reinstalled Filezilla Server (on Windows 7) and Send2Ebook (on Kobo AuraHD) stopped working. Filezilla Client (same home network and router) still works as before. Windows own FTP client cmd (on the same PC) can also see the directory on the localhost server. Can't remember what the exact settings were when Send2Ebook did work but here are current settings I have on FTP and Koreader:

1) Set theserver as a Passive FTP using my private IP, as Filezilla required (behind NAT?).
2) Didn't enble "FTP over TSL" because I plan to access the server within home network only and through cable connection for everything except ebook trandfer and Send2Ebook only allow "fpt://" format. Online articles say with "FTP over TSL" enabled, the server should be "ftps://" or "ftpes://".
3) In Send2Ebook, I tried the followings:
a, leaving username, password, folder all blank
b, leaving username and password blank, but with folder name
c, filling in the correct username, password and fhold name

After "apply these settings", clicked "Download and remove from server", the popup message reads "Could not get file list for server: ftp://192.168.1.2, user...."

Restarting Koreader didn't help. Nor did rebooting the device.

I like this feature in Koreader and want to make it work again. I am brand new to FTP, Filezilla and Send2Ebook. Please advise. Thanks.

Update:
Problem solved.
After the host PC of FTP went asleep for a while, I tried to connect again. The Filezilla interface showed user and pass error message. Strange because I didn't change any settings. Before the sleep, the server interface didn't react to Send2Ebook's log in attempts at all.
Going over all the settings in Filezilla one by one, I set a password in Admin Interface Setting, using the same as user password (not sure if that is needed), and downloading and removing was successful.

Last edited by jshzh; 04-17-2019 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:32 AM   #3082
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You've got "show hidden files & folders" checked in the file browser?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #3083
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
You've got "show hidden files & folders" checked in the file browser?
I double checked that setting. It was "dshowhiddenfiles=true". Weird enough, now I can go to the hidden directory (I swear it had always been "true" because I only use Koreader and hidden folders) in Send2Ebook settings but when I "long press" the folder I wanted, I am asked "select this directory?" (in my case "/mnt/sd/.Books64G/Web Epub"), I tap "select", "Koreader exited irregularly". I am back to KSM with two options: "continue" or "power off".
Since I have two AuraHDs, the above result was duplicated on the second unit as well.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #3084
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Post the crash.log .
Old 04-19-2019, 01:23 AM   #3085
jshzh
Addict

Here it is. Crash.log was identified as "invalid file" while being uploaded so I had to change it to txt.
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (990.2 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by jshzh; 04-19-2019 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:55 AM   #3086
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
./luajit: plugins/send2ebook.koplugin/main.lua:202: attempt to call method 'lazyInitialization' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	plugins/send2ebook.koplugin/main.lua:202: in function 'onConfirm'
	frontend/ui/downloadmgr.lua:52: in function 'onConfirm'
	frontend/ui/widget/pathchooser.lua:131: in function 'callback'
	frontend/ui/widget/button.lua:218: in function 'action'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:716: in function '_checkTasks'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:993: in function 'handleInput'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:1079: in function 'run'
	./reader.lua:234: in main chunk
	[C]: at 0x00013b61
https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../main.lua#L202

You could see if changing that to Send2Ebook:lazyInitialization() does the trick, since I definitely don't want to actually look at that plugin.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:52 PM   #3087
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Here it is. Crash.log was identified as "invalid file" while being uploaded so I had to change it to txt.
Fixed in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/4944

It'll be in tomorrow's nightly.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #3088
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Code:
./luajit: plugins/send2ebook.koplugin/main.lua:202: attempt to call method 'lazyInitialization' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	plugins/send2ebook.koplugin/main.lua:202: in function 'onConfirm'
	frontend/ui/downloadmgr.lua:52: in function 'onConfirm'
	frontend/ui/widget/pathchooser.lua:131: in function 'callback'
	frontend/ui/widget/button.lua:218: in function 'action'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:716: in function '_checkTasks'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:993: in function 'handleInput'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:1079: in function 'run'
	./reader.lua:234: in main chunk
	[C]: at 0x00013b61
https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../main.lua#L202

You could see if changing that to Send2Ebook:lazyInitialization() does the trick, since I definitely don't want to actually look at that plugin.
Thank you, Frenzie,

I don't know anything about programming so I am confused here.
1) the main.lua file on github contains 229 lines while the one on my device 261 lines. The two Line 202 are not the same. Please see the attachments with a txt and a word file (with line numbers added) of mine.
2) by "changing that to Send2Ebook:lazyInitialization()", do you mean adding the 9 lines you provided (with "[C]: at 0x00013b61" as the last line) somewhere or replacing something in the main.lua?

I wonder if you could kindly post a modified main.lua so I can download and replace the one on my device and try. I figure it might take a lot of time for you to type here and try to explain to me how to do it. I have the copy of the old one saved on my PC so I can later compare it with your modified version and learn how the editing is done. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: docx main.docx (17.0 KB, 199 views)
File Type: rar main.lua on my kobo original format.rar (2.6 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by jshzh; 04-19-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:45 AM   #3089
Frenzie
Wizard

Those lines show why the program crashed. They're from your log.

The change is only line 202: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/4944/files
Old 04-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #3090
jshzh
Addict

Thank you, Frenzie. The modification works like a charm on both units.