Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Jeff Vandermeer

Anyone read any of his works? Suggestions on places to start? Looks fascinating.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
City of Saints and Madmen, and Veniss Underground - both in Kindle editions - I read & enjoyed very much. I think I remember you are a China Mieville fan - I discovered Vandermeer when I began reading Mieville. Vandermeer can be very unsettling, more visceral, than Mieville. Enjoy!!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
Kettricken
Dodo Ffan
Kettricken began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Loved 'City of Saints and Madmen', a collection of stories. It's not the most 'easy' reading, but it's well worth the effort. On other discussion boards I've seen that people recommend 'Veniss Underground' to be read before 'City...', not because it's a prequel (it's not!), but because it's slightly more accesible, a novel-length story that stands alone. Can't speak from experience about Veniss Underground, though.
Kettricken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Thanks everyone!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote