Notices

Old 03-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #166
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
If you're using a version from before October 2017 then you run into this bug: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3291

Thank you, it is sorted now. Works well. Only pity it only sync position and not highlights. Is there maybe something which would sync whole .sdr directory?

Last edited by richo; 03-08-2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: typos
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #167
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Not in KOReader I don't think, but you maybe something like Syncthing?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #168
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
There'll be a new nightly tomorrow with https://github.com/koreader/android-...uncher/pull/80 included. Let me know if it works for you.
As the nightly never came out on github I went ahead and downloaded one of the latest builds from gitlab it still doesn't work.
koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2015.11-1547-g5aa40fc
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:36 AM   #169
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what I meant, sorry about being unclear. I should (perhaps even unilaterally) just call it something other than "nightly" on GitHub.

The real nightly is auto-built every night. (Or every American night; for me it's early in the morning.) The GitHub "nightly" is the exact same build in theory but manually vetted to some degree. But more on that here.

Edit: but I have no idea about the statusbar stuff. Top (status) and bottom (back, home, switch process) hide perfectly fine for me. :-/
Old 04-30-2018, 05:33 AM   #170
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Is there no OTA update for android devices?
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:31 AM   #171
Frenzie
Wizard

The main idea behind the OTA updates is to download less data and that doesn't exist on Android. But true, there's a minor lack of convenience there too.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #172
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Any news getting koreader into F-Droid for example?
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:47 AM   #173
Frenzie
Wizard

I know nothing about that. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2040

I can try to help with specific issues if there are any.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:27 AM   #174
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
The main idea behind the OTA updates is to download less data and that doesn't exist on Android. But true, there's a minor lack of convenience there too.
Would it be possible to add a link for new android nightlies/stable even if we cant auto update at least can start the download from inside koreader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #175
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I usually download the apk from http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ but you should look at the OTA Server settings for a site closer to you.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #176
MysteryMan2
MysteryMan2 began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF101
Hopefully someone can help me!

I am interested in trying out KOreader and am not sure which version I need.

I plan to use on a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!
MysteryMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #177
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Galaxy S7 Active runs the android-arm .apk just fine. (As did my TF-100, before I broke the power switch.)

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-01-2018, 04:15 AM   #178
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Does KOreader work on Onyx Boox i86 which has android 4.0.4 ?
Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #179
Ken Maltby
Wizard

You could just try the .apk at http://build.koreader.rocks/download...45_2018-07-29/ for the latest version, I am guessing you need the I686 Android version. If it doesn't work, there might be someone who could help.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-06-2018, 05:12 AM   #180
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You could just try the .apk at http://build.koreader.rocks/download...45_2018-07-29/ for the latest version, I am guessing you need the I686 Android version. If it doesn't work, there might be someone who could help.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you. Could you tell steps to install koreader in Onyx Boox i86 hdml plus ?
Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote